• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Titanium Juliets?

bawitheba

Oakley Expert
I am looking to buy a pair of titanium Juliets. How can I tell them apart from normal Juliets? I'm buying online of course. Do they have a special serial number? Can you change the lens easy since titanium does not like to move?

bawitheba said:
I am looking to buy a pair of titanium Juliets. How can I tell them apart from normal Juliets? I'm buying online of course. Do they have a special serial number? Can you change the lens easy since titanium does not like to move?

All pairs of juliets are titanium (unless they're a horrible plastic fake). They're made of oakleys "x-metal" a titanium alloy. Only a specific few amount are serialized when a new batch for the year is made. The lenses are changed by gaskets that are on the bottom of the frame, that little bit that protrudes from the orbital. It uses a hex screw that you can just unscrew and the bottom part of the orbital will loosen up so you can take the lenze out. I just bought a pair about 2 weeks ago. Polished frame with fire polarized lense. GREAT glasses, probably the best I've ever owned. They're functional, they stand out, and they are VERY comfortable. Quite light. Hope that helps! And also, be careful if you a buy a pair with the fire lenze. The fire lenze (in my opinion) is the best lenze for the looks but it gets scratched easily because of the heavy layer of iridium on the lenses.
Here's mine:
Julietsbeforetuneup.jpg

I believe the OP is referring specifically to the Titanium finish. The above reply is essentially correct, but the Juliet and original Romeo came in a Titanium finish. It tends to be very rare and all will be serialized due to thier pre 2004 release date. The Juliet versions start with a T and there were two generations...gen two end with an A. I will be posting a just tuned pair with Gold lenses this Saturday on eBay

it was the plasma color before they called it titanium. then they changed the color more and made it plasma. there arent that many out there so they will be every hard to track down and get for probly less then 450 would be my guess

Plasma and Titanium are VASTLY different finishes to my eye. First, there are variations from Gen 1 Titanium to Gen 2 Titanium (just as there was a significant evolution of Plasma which originally began as a bone color before evolving to its current, essentially, silver) but in either generation the finish of Titanium seems more Matte to the glossier silver that Plasma has become; with Plasma, scratches show up REALLY easily while on Titanium they do not. Titanium is not only a much darker silver, it has a very industrial look to it. For lack of a better descriptor, Titanium is a cross between the X Metal finish and the later Plasma finish. Gen 1 is almost exclusively a collector’s piece at this point because of the peeling issues, but Gen 2 (which are the 2 frames I own) fixed that issue without losing most of the uniqueness of the finish.

ucdavis4PT0gpa said:
Plasma and Titanium are VASTLY different finishes to my eye. First, there are variations from Gen 1 Titanium to Gen 2 Titanium (just as there was a significant evolution of Plasma which originally began as a bone color before evolving to its current, essentially, silver) but in either generation the finish of Titanium seems more Matte to the glossier silver that Plasma has become; with Plasma, scratches show up REALLY easily while on Titanium they do not. Titanium is not only a much darker silver, it has a very industrial look to it. For lack of a better descriptor, Titanium is a cross between the X Metal finish and the later Plasma finish. Gen 1 is almost exclusively a collector’s piece at this point because of the peeling issues, but Gen 2 (which are the 2 frames I own) fixed that issue without losing most of the uniqueness of the finish.

So it's a dull grey color?

Back