• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Titanium Juliets?

ExMetal said:
ucdavis4PT0gpa said:
Plasma and Titanium are VASTLY different finishes to my eye. First, there are variations from Gen 1 Titanium to Gen 2 Titanium (just as there was a significant evolution of Plasma which originally began as a bone color before evolving to its current, essentially, silver) but in either generation the finish of Titanium seems more Matte to the glossier silver that Plasma has become; with Plasma, scratches show up REALLY easily while on Titanium they do not. Titanium is not only a much darker silver, it has a very industrial look to it. For lack of a better descriptor, Titanium is a cross between the X Metal finish and the later Plasma finish. Gen 1 is almost exclusively a collector’s piece at this point because of the peeling issues, but Gen 2 (which are the 2 frames I own) fixed that issue without losing most of the uniqueness of the finish.

So it's a dull grey color?

Not really; its not as smooth as plasma, its not as textured as X Metal, its darker than Plasma....a dark deep liquid silver

I will try to do that-I'm on assignment right now so my weekends at home are pretty busy; I don't own a plasma X Metal but my 24k XX has plasma orbitals so I'll use those. I'm also going to be doing some reviews of my glasses for YouTube in the coming months so I'll post links when they are up

Latest Posts

Back