1. Want to view this complete exchange listing and contact the seller before its too late? Become a Premium Member Today for instant access! Don't miss out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Want to view this complete exchange listing and contact the seller before its too late? Become a Premium Member Today for instant access! Don't miss out!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    Hi Dears,
    Just to let You know (of course for those who do Not should know), that deliver sunglasses to USA is not one of me most simple things to do, all sunglasses imported in USA needs the "drop ball certification" even if sunglasses is made in USA or in a foreign country. I'm going to make a deal with an US forum member, and at the beginning this problem appear unsolvable, luckily, the Oakley customer care (one of the best even contacted), will help You providing all the documentation needed in a reasonable time.
    Thanks to Oakley
    Cheers

Anonymous likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for sharing

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    Are you sure about that? Only I've shipped to the US with packages marked as 'sunglasses' and they've never been held up on account of it.

Still, good to know Oakley are there to help if there are any issues.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    Dear Marc,
    Thank to you for the reply to my previous private message regarding the same problem, unfortunately for us from Europe or for whom need to deliver sunglasses to USA "drop ball test" is an FDA basis requirement. Without this certification delivery can be stopped at US custom (percentage 80%) and If not provided it will be sent back to the sender with loosing of time and of course loosing of money.
    Hope this help
    Renato

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    I know that sometimes, between UK and USA there can be a preferred way, but anyway is not the rule

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    I hate the drop ball test :gotcha:

Anonymous likes this.
  7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    Ship sunglasses to the US all the time and have never had any issues. Weird.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Royal Duke of Hijinx

Rating:
    100%
    I've never had problems shipping from UK to USA.

What on earth is 'drop ball certification'?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    Look at this...some time can happen also from uk

buzzwordOakley Beginner

Message Count:

Well, this is a bummer -- email excerpt from my sister who sent me the Union Jacks from the UK via FedEx...

"Ran into some issues with your sunglasses. *They were turned back for lack of a drop ball test certificate. *It is a safety test that the US requires and even though these were manufactured in the US, they can't cross the border without one. *Also, they wouldnt allow new glasses to enter without a tax ID certificate. Roar."

Any bright ideas? She said she may try a different carrier. Not sure why FedEx went weirdo on these, but I'm hoping it can be resolved shortly.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%