• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

To All Who Need To Deliver Sunglasses To USA

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Hi Dears,
Just to let You know (of course for those who do Not should know), that deliver sunglasses to USA is not one of me most simple things to do, all sunglasses imported in USA needs the "drop ball certification" even if sunglasses is made in USA or in a foreign country. I'm going to make a deal with an US forum member, and at the beginning this problem appear unsolvable, luckily, the Oakley customer care (one of the best even contacted), will help You providing all the documentation needed in a reasonable time.
Thanks to Oakley
Cheers

Some people reacted to this post.
Thanks for sharing

Are you sure about that? Only I've shipped to the US with packages marked as 'sunglasses' and they've never been held up on account of it.

Still, good to know Oakley are there to help if there are any issues.

Dear Marc,
Thank to you for the reply to my previous private message regarding the same problem, unfortunately for us from Europe or for whom need to deliver sunglasses to USA "drop ball test" is an FDA basis requirement. Without this certification delivery can be stopped at US custom (percentage 80%) and If not provided it will be sent back to the sender with loosing of time and of course loosing of money.
Hope this help
Renato

Username Hidden said:
Are you sure about that? Only I've shipped to the US with packages marked as 'sunglasses' and they've never been held up on account of it.

Still, good to know Oakley are there to help if there are any issues.
I know that sometimes, between UK and USA there can be a preferred way, but anyway is not the rule

I hate the drop ball test :gotcha:

Ship sunglasses to the US all the time and have never had any issues. Weird.

I've never had problems shipping from UK to USA.

What on earth is 'drop ball certification'?

Username Hidden said:
I've never had problems shipping from UK to USA.

What on earth is 'drop ball certification'?

Look at this...some time can happen also from uk

buzzwordOakley Beginner

Message Count:
Well, this is a bummer -- email excerpt from my sister who sent me the Union Jacks from the UK via FedEx...

"Ran into some issues with your sunglasses. *They were turned back for lack of a drop ball test certificate. *It is a safety test that the US requires and even though these were manufactured in the US, they can't cross the border without one. *Also, they wouldnt allow new glasses to enter without a tax ID certificate. Roar."

Any bright ideas? She said she may try a different carrier. Not sure why FedEx went weirdo on these, but I'm hoping it can be resolved shortly.

Back