• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

To Buy Or Not To Buy

AusOakley

I should Work at Oakley
Sydney, Australia
My collection currently consists of 10 o matter frames and 1 wire but I have been going back and forth on the x metals. Considering that this is the x metal section I know the answer to my question will most likely be a yes but here goes anyway. Should I buy an x metal frame and if so which one? What are the pros and cons of x metals ie gives you headaches etc. thanks

I'll just say "Welcome to the world of X-Metals" now aus, because I know once you buy one it's really hard not to buy another!

Given the fact that smaller frames do indeed suit you, metals may actually be right up your alley! They're thinner and smaller than nearly all O-Matter frames and I can't see them being a problem for you! I would definitely start with a Juliet! Not too big, not too small and if you decide that X-Metals aren't for you, they're easy to pass on for a sale or trade! Not to mention they're great for customizing! Change t-shox, ear stems and lenses and it's like you have on a whole new pair of Oakleys!!

Obviously the downside to owning metals is that fact that the nose bridge loosens over time and needs to be sent in to Oakley for repairs (with the exception of the X-Squared, which you can tighten yourself) Having said that tho, being careful when taking them on and off (trying not to over extend the ear stems) will make them last a much longer time!

The pros are plenty, but to me, the most important one is that you have a pair of sunnies that can take an absolute beating and won't break!! As for causing headaches, I have no problem at all with any of mine. I have heard of people complaining tho so I guess it's up to the individual.

NOTE: Be careful when purchasing X-Metals tho, there are a lot of people out there charging WAY too much for them. Definitely shop around and ask lots and lots of questions before jumping in!!

Good luck with your new addiction (I know it will be once you buy a pair) and if I can help in any way whatsoever, feel free to send me a PM!! :cool:

Thanks heaps for all the info mickle. I'll have a look around here see if I like anything and go from there. Most of my o matter frames are actually up for sale or trade so I'll see where that takes me

I'll just say "Welcome to the world of X-Metals" now aus, because I know once you buy one it's really hard not to buy another!

Given the fact that smaller frames do indeed suit you, metals may actually be right up your alley! They're thinner and smaller than nearly all O-Matter frames and I can't see them being a problem for you! I would definitely start with a Juliet! Not too big, not too small and if you decide that X-Metals aren't for you, they're easy to pass on for a sale or trade! Not to mention they're great for customizing! Change t-shox, ear stems and lenses and it's like you have on a whole new pair of Oakleys!!

Obviously the downside to owning metals is that fact that the nose bridge loosens over time and needs to be sent in to Oakley for repairs (with the exception of the X-Squared, which you can tighten yourself) Having said that tho, being careful when taking them on and off (trying not to over extend the ear stems) will make them last a much longer time!

The pros are plenty, but to me, the most important one is that you have a pair of sunnies that can take an absolute beating and won't break!! As for causing headaches, I have no problem at all with any of mine. I have heard of people complaining tho so I guess it's up to the individual.

NOTE: Be careful when purchasing X-Metals tho, there are a lot of people out there charging WAY too much for them. Definitely shop around and ask lots and lots of questions before jumping in!!

Good luck with your new addiction (I know it will be once you buy a pair) and if I can help in any way whatsoever, feel free to send me a PM!! :cool:

+1 on this. JULIET is definitely a nice choice to start with.

And as others may have already mentioned: The X-Metal line is like "a slippery slope from here"( by SpliceD in this post:http://www.oakleyforum.com/recent-x...-members-just-good-luck-my-2-week-scores.html ). If U accidently hit the authentic Ruby editions sometime... then congratulations: U just started a HALO jump without the parachute !

Agree with you there Dutch but as I'm a fan of ice iridium, currently watching a polished ice pair on eBay. Going to check out a vault near me next weekend to see what there is. Also liking the Ducati edition aswell

Yeah they are both nice, Ice would also be at the top of my list because it's not boring like black or grey but not too showy either, the real happy medium lens. Up until last week I had no idea Australia actually had vaults :angry: lol

Lol don't worry, it also took me a while to figure out I had a vault near me, but I'm yet to decide wether that's good or bad, I have a credit card coming in so I may get myself into some Oakley trouble

Haha, I am going to try and resist a credit card as long as possible, the debit card is bad enough. Takes away that element of physically reaching into my wallet and thinking about the cold hard cash being spent. Don't get me started on the PayPal/eBay duo.

Latest Posts

Back