1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. TheWannaBe

TheWannaBe The O-Warrior Premium Member

so my email started getting messages when I got likes or whatever. Didn't used to do that. How do I turn that off?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. G-901

G-901 Oakley Expert

Click alerts..look at the bottom right of the drop down and click alert preferences

motoGP_fanatic likes this.
  3. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

For me, I started getting emails from tapatalk, about once a week or two, about how many "likes" I've gotten. But I've never installed or used tapatalk, nor even googled it...

4. The forum has to use a script from tapatalk in order to let people find it in the app. I'd bet that same script also conceals a bit of code looking for active users who haven't logged in using the app as a way to lure in potential customers.

kronin323 and motoGP_fanatic like this.
  5. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I would hope it's done with some sort of collaboration with Boss, since it got my email address out of it...

And it's something new, only started recently...

6. He's the one who would have installed the script, but I doubt he has any control over the content of it, or what content that script may be accessing. Since he's spoken out against tapatalk in the past and how little control over it he has it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was something the tapatalk admins had snuck in.

7. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

Yup this pretty much described it - Tapatalk has the control. If you want to use there App, you have to install the API, so they can interface with the forum. I assume somewhere in there they can email out members. It isn't something we do, and once again is just another reason I have strayed away from Tapatalk. This site is mobile friendly and can be accessed on any device without the needs for TT.