• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Todd Francis Eyepatch - What Lenses?

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
Thanks to OMG I have a pair of 1B TF EP (enough acronyms?). I detest Warm Grey and the Vault has EP lenses on blowout, so time for a change!

I know Hotep has Gold in his, anyone have a different replacement? There's a touch of green in the artwork, so I was thinking Emerald might be good. Titanium, Slate, and Tungsten might be good to keep a bit of the original style, but I've never had anything with those lenses so I'm not sold on them. Titanium might be the best of the 3 to set off the grey in the birds.

I have a few pairs with Gold already and I'm not the biggest fan of it, so I'm not thinking Gold. Plus it's been done :laugh:

What say you?!

I think Emerald would be a nice subtle touch.

And you're finally getting into Square O stuff? Lol

I might have time to swing by the local vault today on my way out to look at a car.

Been wanting something from the Artist Series, needed a big frame pair so I had few options.

Emerald would be a perfectly good/fine/safe route to go. I've enjoyed the Fire lenses I put in mine. I think they play off the yellow icons on the TF EP well. (which works out well, since we all know fire is yellow and never red anymore)

i knw Nyarthetop has took a picture one day with gold iridium and looks SIIIICK! Emerald would be awesome too (my fav lens). Hope you find the right one you like!

When ever I get my TF EP I'm planning on putting vr28 lenses in them. They are just so wonderfull to look through, and very subtle. Warm grey always works well in artist glasses imo. It just lets the artwork take over the glasses, not the lenses.

+1 for Emerald. I dropped some Emeralds in my Pendleton Fuel Cells, and they match the artwork Amazingly well. Sort of makes me wonder why none of the designers thought of this.

There's also Ice. It might look OK with the greens and yellows in the TF art.

+1 for Emerald. I dropped some Emeralds in my Pendleton Fuel Cells, and they match the artwork Amazingly well. Sort of makes me wonder why none of the designers thought of this.

There's also Ice. It might look OK with the greens and yellows in the TF art.

My only concern with several of these colors is that when the iridium doesn't match the base they don't appear as opaque mirrors all of the time. Emerald only really lights up green in the right light and is much more subtle most of the time.

The hot chick, who was wearing not much at all, working at the Vault popped in some Eyepatch II lenses to let me see some color combos. EPII lenses are the same for the EP except the II is a touch smaller toward the temples. She didn't have emerald, only Jade, which was too deep green and too much purple/blue. Fire was too yellow and red. Emerald it will be I think, that was her suggestion and I am not one to refuse the decision of a nice lady who looked the way she did (I am a man afterall, dammit).

I had emerald in mine when I first got them. It was chill, but not subtle. I like the warm grey better. But if you detest WG then emerald will good. Also, if they have gold iridium polarized, could you let me know the price? I wanna steal Hoteps combo.

I had emerald in mine when I first got them. It was chill, but not subtle. I like the warm grey better. But if you detest WG then emerald will good. Also, if they have gold iridium polarized, could you let me know the price? I wanna steal Hoteps combo.

i think theyre on the vault site for $30

Back