• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Too bad he didn't wipe them down first

Would have loved to see the 2012 Gigantour with Motörhead and Volbeat. Or last year with BLS.

This last fall there was a concert here headlining Maiden with Megadeth opening. I wanted to go but ended up missing it; my friends wussed out, we'd already seen both bands multiple times. But I wish I had gone.

Fretburner is a guitarist? :)

Yeah that sounded better in my head. That's the name I've used for years playing Xbox online and 90% of people completely miss the meaning. For some reason people want to call me fireburner.

Volbeat will be here in Wichita week after next.

This may seem odd, but I'm a guitarist and view all music through those lenses. Sometimes to a fault. Honestly, I haven't liked anything since Marty left. He brought something to the band that no other guitar player had, because of his jazz background. He was unbelievably technical and wove his jazz nuances into his leads.

I loved everything pre Marty as well(1990 back). I mean come on, they helped pioneer thrash.

Sorry if that answer doesn't make any sense.

So up through Risk? I got into them around "So Far, So Good... So What!"

Rust in Peace blew me away; Countdown was quite different but I really dug it, Youthanasia I initially really liked but has felt a bit overproduced with time, Cryptic Writings was OK, and Risk was unlistenable, absolutely sucked. IMO.

And I think the solo in Tornado of Souls is epic.

Yeah that sounded better in my head. That's the name I've used for years playing Xbox online and 90% of people completely miss the meaning. For some reason people want to call me fireburner.

Volbeat will be here in Wichita week after next.

Nah I got it from day 1.

You know in 2002 Mustaine got severe nerve damage in his left arm, couldn't grasp anything with his left hand, and had to spend a couple of years re-teaching himself how to play?

You know in 2002 Mustaine got severe nerve damage in his left arm, couldn't grasp anything with his left hand, and had to spend a couple of years re-teaching himself how to play?
Yes I do recall that happening. He's an extremely solid rhythm player/front man. The riffs he plays while singing has always blown me away.

Can't help but think he may have gotten writers cramp around that time as well.

So up through Risk? I got into them around "So Far, So Good... So What!"

Rust in Peace blew me away; Countdown was quite different but I really dug it, Youthanasia I initially really liked but has felt a bit overproduced with time, Cryptic Writings was OK, and Risk was unlistenable, absolutely sucked. IMO.

And I think the solo in Tornado of Souls is epic.

After they got back together in '04, they tried to go back to their old-school sound but something about it just didn't sound right, like it was imitation instead of sincere. But then they got better - you should check out United Abominations and Endgame.

Back