• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Too bad he didn't wipe them down first

To avoid hijacking carguy's thread, let's take this PM...:cool-33:

To help with the threadjack here's the custom billet emblems on my SRT8 Charger... :)

2dl2fk2.jpg

Oh, he's still cranking stuff out, 15th album in progress... they sucked for a while but then got their groove back. The Rust in Peace: Live video from 2010 is / was available free on amazon prime recently...

I have that Blu-Ray. Amazing concert. Although I bought Super Collider, I haven't listened to it yet besides the title track.

Has anyone read his autobiography? Pretty interesting.

That's the name I've used for years playing Xbox online and 90% of people completely miss the meaning.
I saw a guy at Costco in a 996 Twin Turbo with license plates 911TT and I said nice plates, "how long have you had them?" thinking a lot of 911 Turbo owners would want that tag. He said "since before the attacks" and I had to think about that seemingly incongruous comment.
Then I realized he gets a lot of run for 9/11 Twin Towers but being car-centric I never processed it on that level. To me he just had plates with his model # on them.

in 2002 Mustaine got severe nerve damage in his left arm, couldn't grasp anything with his left hand, and had to spend a couple of years re-teaching himself how to play?
Or Neal Peart learning to play "correctly" or Andre 3000 learning to play left-handed for the new Jimi Hendrix biopic (premiered at SXSW):
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...n-clip-from-all-is-by-my-side-biopic-20140306
Looks like he is going to kill the part like he did in Idlewild. Too bad the Hendrix estate would not license any Hendrix originals but will feature covers that Jimi played during his tragically short lifetime before he blew up. Other ringers include guitarist Waddy Watchel, bassist Leland Sklar, and drummer Kenny Aronoff.

Or Neal Peart learning to play "correctly" or Andre 3000 learning to play left-handed for the new Jimi Hendrix biopic (premiered at SXSW):
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...n-clip-from-all-is-by-my-side-biopic-20140306
Looks like he is going to kill the part like he did in Idlewild. Too bad the Hendrix estate would not license any Hendrix originals but will feature covers that Jimi played during his tragically short lifetime before he blew up. Other ringers include guitarist Waddy Watchel, bassist Leland Sklar, and drummer Kenny Aronoff.

Looks good - I remember an old Miami Vice episode where they were interrogating some belligerent metalhead and one of them described the music as "a bunch of Hendrix riffs played twice as fast and half as well..."

I'm a lefty myself - when I looked to pick up the guitar, I had three options:
- get a guitar strung backwards, in which case I wouldn't be able to pick up and play any ol' guitar I run into...
- learn to play with the guitar upside down, which seemed near impossible...
- learn to play right-handed.

I went for learning right-handed. Never got any good, though... but I can hit power chords all day...:whistle:

Back