• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Too Many NOT TO Shelf Whore Club Members....

• Thread starter Deleted member 24
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24

Those of us displayers cannot be outdone....Feargear started it:

1. Feargeargarage
2. BAPD77
3. xmetalmaniac
4. EdsJunk
5. HDOakley
6. v2kjokerz
7. Oakleynerd
8. monster_beetle
9. turbulence
10. Jummeltje
11. SpliceD
12. Oakley4Life
13. echav23
14. MasChingon

Heck, add me to the club..... I call it preservation. I wear a lot, but at the same time your not going to see me rocking a pair of eyeshades or plates or original eye jackets in public. These deserve there shelf retirement. The get harder and harder to find by the day.... Like I'm not going to wear my medusa in public.... That is a piece of Oakley history and stays on display to enjoy forever. All in agreement?

I agree but at the same time I can't afford to buy a pair just to keep on a shelf.

Hell I wore my Overthetop's the first day I got it, some would say I'm insane. But I know if anything happens I can have Chop restore it to better than new with a little work.

I can look at my collection as almost a savings account. I put money into it that will increase in value (if left on a shelf) and is something that I can get my money back if I need too, but not as easily as swiping my card. Hell, I just bought a pair of eye shades in original box for 80 on eBay to display. If I ever needed to get rid of them, they would sell for much more, and much more than any interest rate at a bank. I'm not a scalper, but I do buy glasses at great deals and keep them for value along with the coolness. Hell, I've only ever paid retail for a pair once, and that was for a pair of IH Juliets, it's a great hobby and great investment.

Back