• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Too Many Threads?

WavecloudCustoms

Wavecloud Customs dot com
Oxford UK
Hi folks

It is being suggested that there are too many threads related to one subject..... Eg - Badman and Madna...?

Yes this may be the case.

Can I suggest that this is simply because ten posts per page is nowhere near enough on a busy forum like this.

The other busy forums I use allow 60 posts per page. This enables single threads to be more useful on there own. Nobody, not even the most enthusiastic Oakster can be bothered to search through pages and pages of ten posts per page. Sometimes there will be twenty posts - two pages of stuff that is totally off topic or just banter. For that reason members just start another thread......

Opinions please :D

Hi folks

It is being suggested that there are too many threads related to one subject..... Eg - Badman and Madna...?

Yes this may be the case.

Can I suggest that this is simply because ten posts per page is nowhere near enough on a busy forum like this.

The other busy forums I use allow 60 posts per page. This enables single threads to be more useful on there own. Nobody, not even the most enthusiastic Oakster can be bothered to search through pages and pages of ten posts per page. Sometimes there will be twenty posts - two pages of stuff that is totally off topic or just banter. For that reason members just start another thread......

Opinions please :D

Yeah this has been brought up a lot, the issue is with the way links are generated, in order to force it to show greater than 10 posts per page, would essentially require an entire rewrite of the forum software. Truthfully, I think that much energy and time is just better spent elsewhere.

I do agree some of the threads can get out of control, and while not exercisered for Badman/Madman, I have been trying to create more "consolidated" discussion threads for new releases - i.e one thread for Oakley Turbine's. Now, if you have a very specific question around these, you should still make a thread, since it will make it easier to find that topic moving forward, however, for general thoughts, comments and discussion, a consolidated thread is helpful.

Consolidation vs. Over-consolidation is definitely an argument i have constantly. Too much consolidation, and you will never find what you are looking for buried in 100 page threads. I tend to weigh on the side of under consolidation.

Always looking to hear feedback.

Back