• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Took a punt on Romeo

drifter

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

I've just taken a chance on these.
Not much info other than the 2 pics.
At $315 I thought they were probably a good deal.

Should arrive on Monday. I'm hoping they're plasma
so I can make a Tio2. If not they're probably going to find their way to X-Man
for some special treatment :)

What do you guys think. Can you tell from pics if they are plasma or Titanium ?

Serial is 001403 if that helps.

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers

Romeob.jpg

Romeoa.jpg

plasma/fire. steal @ $315! did you buy one for me?
Yeah can't wait 'til Monday. Pretty pleased so far though :)

I'm hoping that the rubber being black means they're likely to be plasma. Titanium had root beer ?

It's gonna be a long 4 days.

if the lenses are original, those are fire lenses, so yeah should be plasma. also with a low serial like that the titaniums would have a more matte finish like a khaki xmetal. again a steal either way even if they are xmetal with aftermarket lenses and torn rubber, i would take em for $315 anyday. well, maybe $300 lol

if the lenses are original, those are fire lenses, so yeah should be plasma. also with a low serial like that the titaniums would have a more matte finish like a khaki xmetal. again a steal either way even if they are xmetal with aftermarket lenses and torn rubber, i would take em for $315 anyday. well, maybe $300 lol
That's fantastic news.

The best thing is, I can now make a pair of TiO2, with a pair of X-Metal R1 that Oakley gave me as part of an apology :)

I saw a pair for sale on ebay for a horrible amount of money, but loved the look.

Now I can make a pair for next to nothing.

That's fantastic news.

The best thing is, I can now make a pair of TiO2, with a pair of X-Metal R1 that Oakley gave me as part of an apology :)

I saw a pair for sale on ebay for a horrible amount of money, but loved the look.

Now I can make a pair for next to nothing.

i saw a brushed finish orbital ti02 that looked pretty sick. post pics when you get them done. what lenses are you gonna pit in the tio2?

I'm thinking VR28 with Root Beer.

The other part of the Oakley apology was a TiO2 Juliet with VR28
I reckon they'll look good together

Oakley are welcome to apologise to me along those lines. For what I have yet to determine!

Well done, look forward to seeing the outcome.

Oakley are welcome to apologise to me along those lines. For what I have yet to determine!

Well done, look forward to seeing the outcome.

Yup, It's inevitable, sooner or later something will go wrong,
but I've got to say, Oakley really know how to put things right :)

Back