1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Vaapad

Vaapad Oakley Beginner

I'm trying to select a lens to have custom cut, and I've narrowed it down to these two. It looks like both have Torch Iridium coating, and the difference is the base (gray vs prism). Resultingly, it seems that the standard Torch Iridium lens lets in a little more light (17% vs 15%), but PBO lens alters color/contrast more.

I'm looking for opinions/reviews from anyone who has worn either, or better yet directly compared them in bright sunlight. Purpose is for everyday use in bright sunlight. Won't be driving with them.

Thanks!
    Dave

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. dingo ate my baby

dingo ate my baby I should Work at Oakley

Help him out peeps, I would like to know also.:D

Vaapad and Jmgarcia like this.
  3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Why specifically those two lenses? You like the color of the outside?

4. Vaapad

Vaapad Oakley Beginner

Yup

5. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Go with Torch then

6. karimo

karimo Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

One is polarized, the other is not.
    The performance should be diferent.

7. dingo ate my baby

dingo ate my baby I should Work at Oakley

I am big fan of deep water prizm, sapphire polarized, Violet,vr28 and 00 black 00 red and such! I Wondered witch enhance my sight more not a big fan of bi, ice Ruby unless blinding sun outside. I like ones that make my eyes feel rested and relaxed

8. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

Well yeah, if we're talking about Torch Polar. But as OP already noted the fundamental difference is the base, though I'm finding it hard to believe Prizm BB is that dark. I mean yeah, it should for its purpose, but using it myself, it doesn't seem like it.

9. Vaapad

Vaapad Oakley Beginner

So your experience has been that Prism BBO is not great for bright sunlight, or am I misconstruing your words?

As Dingo mentioned, I'm all for rested/relaxed eyes too. But trying on glasses in a mall store (plainly without sunlight) doesn't give me enough information :(

10. karimo

karimo Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I mean prizm is Polarized, try it on a polarized test and you will see.