• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Torch Iridium vs Prism Baseball Outfield?

Vaapad

Oakley Enthusiast
I'm trying to select a lens to have custom cut, and I've narrowed it down to these two. It looks like both have Torch Iridium coating, and the difference is the base (gray vs prism). Resultingly, it seems that the standard Torch Iridium lens lets in a little more light (17% vs 15%), but PBO lens alters color/contrast more.

I'm looking for opinions/reviews from anyone who has worn either, or better yet directly compared them in bright sunlight. Purpose is for everyday use in bright sunlight. Won't be driving with them.

Thanks!
Dave

Why specifically those two lenses? You like the color of the outside?
I am big fan of deep water prizm, sapphire polarized, Violet,vr28 and 00 black 00 red and such! I Wondered witch enhance my sight more not a big fan of bi, ice Ruby unless blinding sun outside. I like ones that make my eyes feel rested and relaxed

One is polarized, the other is not.
The performance should be diferent.

Well yeah, if we're talking about Torch Polar. But as OP already noted the fundamental difference is the base, though I'm finding it hard to believe Prizm BB is that dark. I mean yeah, it should for its purpose, but using it myself, it doesn't seem like it.

Well yeah, if we're talking about Torch Polar. But as OP already noted the fundamental difference is the base, though I'm finding it hard to believe Prizm BB is that dark. I mean yeah, it should for its purpose, but using it myself, it doesn't seem like it.

So your experience has been that Prism BBO is not great for bright sunlight, or am I misconstruing your words?

As Dingo mentioned, I'm all for rested/relaxed eyes too. But trying on glasses in a mall store (plainly without sunlight) doesn't give me enough information :(

I mean prizm is Polarized, try it on a polarized test and you will see.

Back