• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tortoise Blue Frogskins LX

MrLee

Oakley Beginner
I'm not a huge fan of acetate frames, but I really liked this colour way when I first spotted them on a Japanese website, but the price tag put me off a little bit. That all changed when I tried them on.

I'm Asian so I'm pretty limited with what frames fit my nose, and I just get away with Frogskins, but the LX Frogs fit me so much better, much closer to how the Gen 1 Frogs feel on my face. The arms are a fair bit longer as well.

I'd like to say this was a planned purchase, but it was only mis-communication with a shop assistant in a Hong Kong Shadestation (Where she offered an additional 10% off from the 20% discount promotion they were already offering) that convinced me to buy these, and I don't regret it.

My friends thought I was mental, going into the shop with a pair of Frogs on my face, and coming out with a different pair on.

They certainly have a much "classier" look to them IMHO, but aesthetically I still prefer classic frogs, but the LX is superior in fit and feel for me.

I apologise unreservedly for the tacky Instagram photo

image.jpg

Nice ... I just got my e-mail today that my navy/red LX frogs shipped out - haven't seen a real picture of these yet ... will post a pic when they arrive ...

Back