1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Ranger

Ranger Oakley Beginner

What do you prefer and why?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Deke736

Deke736 Oakley Beginner

I have both, and it really depends on what I am doing. I prefer the black for everyday use. The tortoise frames don't go with everything, so I just don't wear them as much.

3. Oakley4Life

Oakley4Life Oakley Collector

I have it all as well, just depends on your mood i guess. Matte black doesnt show as much wear as polished black just a fyi

4. Ranger

Ranger Oakley Beginner

Reason why I'm asking is, I'm torn between these two. As Deke736 mentioned, black goes with everything, but what I like about the tortoise is when you wear them, it looks black, but the tortoise shows at some angles.

But I like the gold emblem against the Matte Black!

Tortoise Or Polished/Matte Black?? - pyva8u3e.jpg Tortoise Or Polished/Matte Black?? - dejypype.jpg

Last edited: 1/29/14
  5. Deke736

Deke736 Oakley Beginner

I actually just bought matte black Holbrook's yesterday! I had them custom built with polarized black iridium lenses. I like them a lot. But with a classic style frame like these, I think the tortoise would look good too.

6. Ranger

Ranger Oakley Beginner

Pics!!

7. Ranger

Ranger Oakley Beginner

I'm thinking of getting the tortoise one and buying some after market black lenses. Probably a good median between black and tortoise

8. Oakley4Life

Oakley4Life Oakley Collector

I would stick with OEM Oakley lenses. No other lenses can compare to Oakley's clarity. They are perfect.

9. Deke736

Deke736 Oakley Beginner

The only pic I've got is this one of my ugly mug wearing them!

Tortoise Or Polished/Matte Black?? - 626F28C1-70B7-4547-B730-D2199FFE63DF_zpssc67li6e.jpg

10. headpatrolman

headpatrolman O Addict

Can never go wrong with black frames. That being said, I have the Tortoise / 24k SW and I think they are the best of the SW Holbrooks not including the Goldbrook. The gold icons and the 24k lenses look awesome with the tortoise frame. Just get a pair of Tortoise also and solve all of your problems.