• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tortoise Or Polished/Matte Black??

I have both, and it really depends on what I am doing. I prefer the black for everyday use. The tortoise frames don't go with everything, so I just don't wear them as much.

Reason why I'm asking is, I'm torn between these two. As Deke736 mentioned, black goes with everything, but what I like about the tortoise is when you wear them, it looks black, but the tortoise shows at some angles.

But I like the gold emblem against the Matte Black!

pyva8u3e.jpg
dejypype.jpg

Last edited:
I actually just bought matte black Holbrook's yesterday! I had them custom built with polarized black iridium lenses. I like them a lot. But with a classic style frame like these, I think the tortoise would look good too.

I actually just bought matte black Holbrook's yesterday! I had them custom built with polarized black iridium lenses. I like them a lot. But with a classic style frame like these, I think the tortoise would look good too.
Pics!!

I'm thinking of getting the tortoise one and buying some after market black lenses. Probably a good median between black and tortoise

Can never go wrong with black frames. That being said, I have the Tortoise / 24k SW and I think they are the best of the SW Holbrooks not including the Goldbrook. The gold icons and the 24k lenses look awesome with the tortoise frame. Just get a pair of Tortoise also and solve all of your problems.