• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tour De France 2014

Talansky is one tough rider. I really thought he was done when he got off his bike and sat on that guard rail yesterday. I was more impressed by Talansky fighting to the finish, than with Tony G's stage win (although that was a very nice move).

Sad new yesterday, hearing that Talansky didn't start. I was hoping he might be able to recover then try to get in a break on one of the upcoming mountain stages and go for a stage win. I wonder if all the riders who have abandoned the tour will now race the Vuelta.

I didn't think he was going to start for that fact, try to recover for a shot at winning the Vuelta. Contador seems adamant to racing despite the potential lengthy recovery. It could end up being a mini TDF France battle among all these guys, between their personal drive and need to put on a show for sponsors it could be a good watch.

I didn't think he was going to start for that fact, try to recover for a shot at winning the Vuelta. Contador seems adamant to racing despite the potential lengthy recovery. It could end up being a mini TDF France battle among all these guys, between their personal drive and need to put on a show for sponsors it could be a good watch.

i usualy dont watch that race ( watching bike racing takes alot of time) but based off of this years tour i think i will try to record it to see the rematches

Last edited:
I don't think I have ever seen the Vuelta televised here. Maybe with all those riders possibly doing it, that will change.

After watching last night's stage, Its Nibali's tour to lose. I was hoping to see him and Richie Porte battle in the mountains. Tejay is still hanging in there and moving on up. Hopefully he won't crack on the big climbs today, and can maybe move into the top 3. Valverde looks strong on the climb yesterday.

I don't think I have ever seen the Vuelta televised here. Maybe with all those riders possibly doing it, that will change.

After watching last night's stage, Its Nibali's tour to lose. I was hoping to see him and Richie Porte battle in the mountains. Tejay is still hanging in there and moving on up. Hopefully he won't crack on the big climbs today, and can maybe move into the top 3. Valverde looks strong on the climb yesterday.
They have covered Vuelta in the past on TV, but it's always been sporadic by Universal or streaming only. They are supposed to cover it and Tour of Britian. http://universalsports.com/2014/02/04/2014-cycling-schedule/ Not sure if they are owned by NBCsports group or not because they list covering the race as well.

Yesterday's stage was great, I agree it sucks to see Porte blow-up but it is survival of the fittest. Just leaves more room for Tejay but it looks as though Pinot is not going anywhere so still some battles ahead hopefully. I was surprised to see Schleck finally get up front and decide to get his name out there for a change.

Thanks for that link to the coverage.

If I remember correctly I think the HC climb towards the end of the stage today is the one where Andy Schleck lost his chain and Contador attacked and the amount of time he gained was the amount he "won" the tour by. I'm looking forward to watching it tonight.

Thanks for that link to the coverage.

If I remember correctly I think the HC climb towards the end of the stage today is the one where Andy Schleck lost his chain and Contador attacked and the amount of time he gained was the amount he "won" the tour by. I'm looking forward to watching it tonight.
Good memory, I'm sure Phil will mention it if so. I'm looking forward to this as well, the weekend had some good racing. Disappointed to see Bauer play around so much in final K's on Sunday after working so hard all day just to lose in the last few meters.

Good memory, I'm sure Phil will mention it if so. I'm looking forward to this as well, the weekend had some good racing. Disappointed to see Bauer play around so much in final K's on Sunday after working so hard all day just to lose in the last few meters.
Yea I think if Bauer wouldn't have looked over his should too many times and started playing games then he would have made it.

I guess the hopes of an American on the podium this year, are getting pretty slim. I didn't expect Tejay to crack like he did.

Did you happen to watch the ESPN 30 for 30 - Slaying the Badger? It was about LeMond and Hinault at the 86 Tour. It was pretty good. I watched it last night then flipped over and saw the last hour or so of the stage.

Maybe Tejay will be feeling better today and can attack on the last climb or maybe before since I think there are 4 climbs today. It should be a good stage.

Yea I think if Bauer wouldn't have looked over his should too many times and started playing games then he would have made it.

I guess the hopes of an American on the podium this year, are getting pretty slim. I didn't expect Tejay to crack like he did.

Did you happen to watch the ESPN 30 for 30 - Slaying the Badger? It was about LeMond and Hinault at the 86 Tour. It was pretty good. I watched it last night then flipped over and saw the last hour or so of the stage.

Maybe Tejay will be feeling better today and can attack on the last climb or maybe before since I think there are 4 climbs today. It should be a good stage.
No I missed that, I'll have to see if I can catch it somewhere, I remember watching that coverage on Wide World of Sport on ABC.

Despite Tejay's blow-up I was surprised to hear Bob during post-race say he thinks Tejay could take three minutes out of Valverde and Pinot in the TT still. So it will be interesting if he can close some time now and still have enough in the tank for that kind of performance in stage 20. With 19 being 200km he may bonk (if that's what it was) again or just be tapped out.

Forgot to add it was great to see Michael Rogers finally get a stage win in the TDF on his resume.

Last edited:
Back