1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Over the years I've always used the old-fashioned tan all-leather work gloves, would wear out a pair every year or two.

At the beginning of last summer, I decided to try out a pair of those fancy modern-style work gloves. They've worked out pretty well.

This year, since joining the forum, I'm seeing things with different eyes. I noticed the rubber protectors over the back of the fingers looked very familiar, was wondering if Oakley was suffering a little trademark infringement - lol...
    Trademark Infringement! - 20140623_183009.jpg

But I guess I wasn't the only one who noticed - I was at THD today and saw they've now changed the design:
    Trademark Infringement! - 20140623_121859.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

Those gloves look comfortable.

3. kronin323

You can't see in the pics but the outside thumb / hand area is kinda towel-like for mopping sweat; I've got some bike gloves like that, very useful...

4. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Those are nice work gloves, I think Oakley might think they stole their ideal, but I wouldn't mind using those

5. TxAgLaw98

TxAgLaw98 Oakley Beginner

Probably did get a letter from Oakley. The suppliers of the "FG" gloves in the picture probably could have made a half-hearted argument that their use of the oval design was functional (i.e., best way to protect the back of the fingers with a vent in the center for cooling), and thus, not subject to infringement. However, that's a longshot for a famous mark like Oakley, and thus, probably why they changed.

6. kronin323

Yes.

I'm guessing from your handle that you're an a&m graduate practicing law? No brownie points here - hook 'em!!! :newrussian::grin:

7. TxAgLaw98

TxAgLaw98 Oakley Beginner

Correct, but not the whole story. Received my masters from Texas.