1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Carlitocarlin

Carlitocarlin Oakley Beginner

Hey guys,

Hopefully this hasn't been asked before (I'm too lazy to search), but is there a reason why the Stealth Black Transfer Case is more expensive than the others? On the Canadian site, it's listed as $650CAD, while the rest are $550CAD. Is it titanium? or is there something special about it?

thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

Its coated to make it black. I'm sure the coating adds to the cost. Probably not as much as they pass on, but some. It's still the same stainless steel material as the brushed models

3. OakleyRacer2132

OakleyRacer2132 Oakley Beginner

Anytime Oakley does a stealth watch it is considered more of a special edition than the others. It isn't really a special edition mind you, but that is how Oakley treats in when it comes to the retail perspective. It does have a black powder coating on the steel, which I prefer. But basically it comes down to Oakley charging more because they can.

4. Carlitocarlin

Carlitocarlin Oakley Beginner

eh, I guess that makes sense. Does the coating rub off at all?

5. faxmanjazz

faxmanjazz Oakley Enthusiast

its anodized so the black "paint" is actually in the metal. Same with all stealth editions of the watches. No it does not rub off.