• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Transfer Case Pricing

Carlitocarlin

Oakley Enthusiast
Hey guys,

Hopefully this hasn't been asked before (I'm too lazy to search), but is there a reason why the Stealth Black Transfer Case is more expensive than the others? On the Canadian site, it's listed as $650CAD, while the rest are $550CAD. Is it titanium? or is there something special about it?

thanks!

Its coated to make it black. I'm sure the coating adds to the cost. Probably not as much as they pass on, but some. It's still the same stainless steel material as the brushed models

Anytime Oakley does a stealth watch it is considered more of a special edition than the others. It isn't really a special edition mind you, but that is how Oakley treats in when it comes to the retail perspective. It does have a black powder coating on the steel, which I prefer. But basically it comes down to Oakley charging more because they can.

its anodized so the black "paint" is actually in the metal. Same with all stealth editions of the watches. No it does not rub off.

Back