• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Transporting Double Wide

OakleyCan

Oakley Expert
Canada
Did an extensive search to no avail...

Will a Double wide fit in a Dodge Caravan? The 3rd row is sto'n'go but I dont think that leaves enough room length wise. With the case on its side I dont think it will fit between the 2 captain seats in the 2nd row.

Has anyone moved a Double wide in a Caravan? If so how did you configure it?

Thanks

How far are you travelling? Could always do it with the back open.

Can the middle 2 seats be removed? It definitely won't fit between them.

There are a few guys on here that have put them ontop of their vehicles, mattress style.

Travelling a long distance, so tailgate open is a last resort. Im not sure if the 2nd seat can be removed or configured to accomodate this thing.

Renting a 2012 Caravan

There are a few guys on here that have put them ontop of their vehicles, mattress style.

It has to be tough enough to get a 150+ lbs onto the roof, never mind not crushing it.

When I went to get mine, the Caravan I had ready to go broke down so I ended up using a Tacoma. That being said, based on the measurements I took, it should fit fine in a newer caravan.

The measurements from behind the 2nd row to the tailgate? Or removing or folding the 2nd row also?

Biggest vehicle they have is a Suburban, which is less practical because the seats cannot be removed according to the clerk. Im not specifically renting a vehicle for this purpose. Just picking it up along the way.

Are you in Ontario? I have some time off, and recently picked up a double in my Blazer, it hung out the back a bit on a 4 hour drive but was fine. Let me know

Back