• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Trashed Lenses

U

Username Hidden

I know a number of you are like me - you replace some trashed lenses, but you just can't throw them out; I mean, they're Oakley!! So they sit in some dark corner until the Apocalypse...

Well, here's a chance to put some to good use. There has been some discussion of how certain iridiums affect the appearance of certain base tints, and I'd like to do a destructive experiment to settle the issue, for the "greater good"...

But I don't have trashed versions of any of the lenses in question. So I humbly ask if anybody has any trashed lenses of the right type that they are willing to donate or sell cheaply for this cause.

Looking for (in this priority)...

Ruby - EDIT: received
Violet - EDIT: received
Fire - EDIT: sourced
G26
Chrome
Sapphire

Polar vs. non-polar shouldn't matter but non-polar preferred.

Thanks!!!!!!

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
I have some violet HJ 2.0 lenses in that corner. I just have to remember which corner. PM me your details and I'll look around and get them out to you!

Username Hidden said:
I have some violet HJ 2.0 lenses in that corner. I just have to remember which corner. PM me your details and I'll look around and get them out to you!

PM sent... :drinks:

I have a Ruby Batwolf lens for ya.
I also bought a "polarized titanium iridium" KVD Batwolf from a member here.
However the KVD lens is not what I thought it would be. It has a strange green-blue reflection and too much light transmission.

I'd gladly get rid of both.

Not on your list, but Ive got some XX BI I was saving for a lens cut pattern, then I realized I have no idea what I'm doing.

You have some Evil Plot to restore these to like new condition
and then Corner the aftermarket lens

HAHA Never I say

Frickin Sharks with laser beams

MUHHHAAAAA

Username Hidden said:
You have some Evil Plot to restore these to like new condition
and then Corner the aftermarket lens

HAHA Never I say

Frickin Sharks with laser beams

MUHHHAAAAA

If I could restore scratched up iridium, that would be the most valuable service on the forum ever! I'd make millions!!!! :party:

But no. :(

WYSIWYG.

Pew pew pew!!!

Username Hidden said:
I have a Ruby Batwolf lens for ya.
I also bought a "polarized titanium iridium" KVD Batwolf from a member here.
However the KVD lens is not what I thought it would be. It has a strange green-blue reflection and too much light transmission.

I'd gladly get rid of both.

Username Hidden said:
Not on your list, but Ive got some XX BI I was saving for a lens cut pattern, then I realized I have no idea what I'm doing.

PMs sent...

Though it's still the whole bird in hand/bush thing, from my original list ruby and violet have been covered; still looking for G26 (yeah I know that's a tough one) and Chrome...

Thanks guys!

OP edited to add Fire to the want list...

Back