• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trenchcoat dissasembly

350nick

Oakley Expert
I have a pair of Trenchcoats which got damaged years ago. The orbital has snapped right through. Otherwise they are in great condition.

I managed to track down a pair with damaged ear stems but otherwise in good condition. My plan is to use the main frame to replace my broken one. Only thing is I'm a bit nervous about removing the ear stems from my pair without breaking something.

I know these are really fragile, does anyone have any experience of disassembly on trenchcoats or other similar era Oakleys. Does it require a log of care? Any techniques that will help?

I have disassembled plenty of modern Oakleys!

Go slow.... Or sell the parts to me! Seriously though make sure the frames arent cold and go slow. They are a bit brittle

Go slow.... Or sell the parts to me! Seriously though make sure the frames arent cold and go slow. They are a bit brittle

Thanks! I'll try gently warming them up before I attempt it. The donor pair should hopefully arrive tomorrow. Are there any specific parts your needing?

They are blood frames with black iridium. I think the ear stems are intact but the hinges are worn so they fall out. Maybe repairable. Rubbers should be good and hopefully lenses are decent. I think the hinges were actually damaged intentionally by someone according to the seller!

Well I got the ear stems off the broken frame without breaking them. Was a scary thing to do though!

I dipped the frame in warm water for a bit 1st.

Just need the donor pair to arrive now....

Hi,
I am looking for a TC frame for my TC Blood. See my profile picture.
Or someone knows if there a possibility to repair ?
Thanks in advance

Back