• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trenchcoat Owners Please Step Inside...

Malv1

Oakley Expert
Hey guys,

I got a set of jungle camo Trenchcoats off CL and they look great but the Oakley bag they came in is something I have never seen... It is almost sheer with a very thin drawstring almost like they came from a ladies pair but I don't know if they did that with the bags...

I will post pics when I can tonight but I want to see if any one has seen fake Trenchcoats?

Thanks.

** Pictures are in my post below.

They did and it was back in 1995-96 that I saw them . And this dealer that had them were hands down the best and I mean best lookin fakes I have ever seen. He had every jacket model and all legit colors ... Blood, fmj, white camo, etc. He even had the textured boxes with slip covers . He claims they were factory seconds at the time I met him at the flea market. He was only there one time. I still swear to this day that they were real , I have never again seen anything like it again.

Does anyone know if there are any markings on the TC that identifies them? Like on the Eye Jacket they say Jacket on the inside of the arm. These don't say anything on the arms but damn they are good looking glasses, the bag is the main reason I am questioning them...

To the owners of TC, do they feel like the original Eye Jackets? Kinda light and hollow, almost fragile?

Here are the pics I have:

DSCF1464.jpg

DSCF1463.jpg

DSCF1461.jpg

DSCF1462.jpg

DSCF1459.jpg

DSCF1465.jpg

Malv1, as far as I know there aren't any moldings on the inside of TCs: those look like they're kosher to me. Ordinarily the give away is in the script print on the nose piece and the quality of the fininsh, i.e. the end of the frame where it joins with the earstems. Do they look rough and are there any gaps...
I did have a quick look on two of my set of seven and no I couldn't see any extra distinguishing features.

Malv1, as far as I know there aren't any moldings on the inside of TCs: those look like they're kosher to me. Ordinarily the give away is in the script print on the nose piece and the quality of the fininsh, i.e. the end of the frame where it joins with the earstems. Do they look rough and are there any gaps...
I did have a quick look on two of my set of seven and no I couldn't see any extra distinguishing features.

No, nothing rough or funny looking about them really. I was thinking these are legit but the bag just completely threw me for a loop so I kinda started to over think everything...

Thanks for the help guys!

Camouflage - Gold Trenchcoat 04-022 looks genuine. The only text on the frame is the logo on the nose. O matter type changed after this model in late 90s so they have been reviewed as one of the earlier more brittle frames issued in 1995, though I have not had a problem myself. All 8 pairs came in the corrugated boxes with the slip over, and the earlier dark grey microbags with the white tag.

great find!
i love them . . .

and Frogskinstein is damn right :big_boss:

and stevan too :cool:

Back