• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Triggerman Colorways

I just got the Steel/Ice Triggerman a couple days ago. Looks even better in person... The matte "steel" with the polished navy blue on the bottom half of the frame is very original. Definitely a nice looking pair of Oakleys.

I like these, but the overly plastic feel some have mentioned in other threads and forums is my biggest turn off. This is kind of a wild design, doesnt fit the form of a normal pair of shades... But it loses the artistic appeal (for me anyway) when its done in all plastic (sorry! "Omatter")... I think the madman and badman can pull it off because of the metal thats added which in my mind implies more quality, detail, thought and design. If they had been able to do a blend of plastic and metal or carbon fiber (like Jupiter carbons) this would be a much more desierable pair of shades... Imo

I had concerns about that as well. But the look of the clear/torch made me get it anyway. I must say I was not disappointed. To me, it doesn't feel cheap at all. It has thin arms that honestly resemble the arms on the Zero I just got. The one thing I'm not a fan of is the hole in the nose bridge, but I do like it overall. Especially for 116 with an F&F coupon.

I just went to check them out after I posted that. The Steel/ Ice one caught my eye IMMEDIATELY!
sku is OO9266-09
$170

View attachment 206321

I found these to be the best looking colorway in person. I ended up getting the clear/torch just because I wanted a torch lens, but if I bought another pair, this would be it for sure.

I like these, but the overly plastic feel some have mentioned in other threads and forums is my biggest turn off. This is kind of a wild design, doesnt fit the form of a normal pair of shades... But it loses the artistic appeal (for me anyway) when its done in all plastic (sorry! "Omatter")... I think the madman and badman can pull it off because of the metal thats added which in my mind implies more quality, detail, thought and design. If they had been able to do a blend of plastic and metal or carbon fiber (like Jupiter carbons) this would be a much more desierable pair of shades... Imo

They do feel cheap compared to x-metals/new-metals, but I think that is ok, they can fill another role. I like to keep a pair of omatter something in my car at all times so that I always have something but don't care as much if something happens to them or I lose them.

I recently picked up a pair, and really like the fit of them. They fit a lot better than my Badmans, but I agree on the hole in the nosebridge part.

I guess the way i see it is an omatter badman. How would we feel if oakley put out an omatter juliet? I don't hate the frame, but for some reason I just feel like it could've been done better.

It's 100% an O Matter Badman, and I WISH they would make an O Matter Juliet. The O Matter Mars (Moon) was awesome!

I guess the way i see it is an omatter badman. How would we feel if oakley put out an omatter juliet? I don't hate the frame, but for some reason I just feel like it could've been done better.

Well, if u consider the Moon to be an O Matter Mars, u might think of the original Eye Jacket, as rough O Matter rendition of the future Juliet. To me the Triggerman stands alone. I don't really associate it with the Badman, like I don't really make any of the other associations to the above mentioned frames. I think they all stand alone even though they may look similar.

Back