• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trip To The Oakley Vault In Auburn Hills, MI . . .

PeterLloyd

Oakley Beginner
I went to the Oakley Vault in Auburn Hills, MI today. They are seriously loaded down with Frogskins. They've got all the Acid Tortoise, Blacklights, and current standards at retail (as well as the "Stealth" all black matte with fire lenses), as well as the Crystal Blue and Jupiter Camo on sale for $89 each and the Shawn White 24k and Deus Coup for $109. Craziness. Thought about picking up the Shawn Whites, love the lenses, but in the end decided to pass because I'm not too wild for the black frames. Does make me think that they're overproducing . . . If they're making so many pairs of the "limited" editions that they end up putting them on sale I think they need to rethink things. Makes me glad I mostly stick to the small-run collaborations and the occasional special editions that are too sweet to pass up like the Old Glory / Union Jack.

*sigh* I paid a premium for the JC frogs too since they were "Limited" and "Sold Out". Glad i don't collect frogs. That'll be my one mistake in my collecting.

"limited" is a very vague term when Oakley uses it for marketing uses. for the Jupiter Camos, we realized that when they meant they were limited edition, what it truly meant was that it was produced for a limited period of time, not limited number of pairs. so during that period, whenever stocks ran low, they just produced more. until said period was over.

Back