• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Troy Lee "Not Made In USA"!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!

If they are made in China, i don't get why the prices are still so f**king high :p Drop it low, drop it drop it low:p

If they are made in China, i don't get why the prices are still so f**king high :p Drop it low, drop it drop it low:p

large part of the money goes to branding exercise and marketing................................................................. and paying off Shaun White!!

large part of the money goes to branding exercise and marketing................................................................. and paying off Shaun White!!
im shocked his stuff sold out so fast lol. I really want a shaun white dispatch for the 24k lenses and those icons :D
That and helping pay for all the wrecked cars that doofus steven wallace keeps crashing during nascar races.

Thats right a couple said "made by Shaun White in Shaun White's garage"...Lux's secret CEO no but I am still looking for the China thing...i once bought a pair of sideways which I sent back ..hated the look on me but now am thinking ..they are acetate and maybe that IS where I saw it and not on O Matter I had forgotten all about those (they were black/Grey) This would be when they first came out...Doesn't matter China will be making everything someday..I do know for example Sony tv;s are made in Mexico not Japan and have been for while That I am sure about ..as little as I know abt a/v stuff I do remember 3 years ago it being on my tv...Lux has no allegiance to america or keeping company same as Jj's...That oakley went away in 07

As some have stated, all acetate frames and a majority of all wire frames, sun and Rx are made in China..... lens are all made here in the states at HQ, there have been debate over frames being made elsewhere and shipped in but there are several frames that are indeed made here as I have seen the machines at work.... All International orders going out early into each month so that is one reason for delays in getting product here. The demand on some frames is just simply more than what the machines can make right now and it has been this way all year long!

i have a pretty hard time believing that... Customer service reps are *******. (in no offense to handicapped people)
They are actually a pretty big disgrace to oakley in my opinion i have had horror stories and have had friends with horror stories.
I actually believe the Frames are made in the USA hence why they are stamped. If the frames said made in the USA and were made in china Oakley can face legal action for false advertisement(at least i believe so)
I know one of the owners that make all of the frame molds and have been to corporate hq and seen frames being made. With the exception of the RX's, c5 crosshairs/plaintiff that say "china" on the frame :cool:

You are probably right. I'm a watch collector-you would be amazed at how many Swiss Watches are assembled in China. I suspect it's the same

Guys let's be honest here, do you really think the frames themselves are made in the US? The frame material (with the exception of X-Metal) is made in China and then ASSEMBLED in the US at Oakley headquarters.

From what I understand-the reason alot of the Oakley Replicas out there are starting to look more convincing is that alot of the parts that are being made are making it out the backdoors of these manufacturers in China.

From what I know, most frames are made in China and sent back to the US for assembling and then from there it goes down the line for testing and quality control. So the 2nd half of the process (and IMO the most important) is done in house in California so I'm still ok with that.

Latest Posts

Back