• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trying my hand at Display Stands

oakleybezerk

Unicorn Chaser
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
The Rainbow Nation
Firstly, I don't have a 3D printer and at the current exchange rate it doesn't make sense for me to buy additional stands off international facilities such as eBay or the likes of and ship them in. So with that said, I looked in to fabricating some display stands that would house my frames in a way similar to the OEM Oakley units I already have.

The pics below are of a mock up unit that I had fabricated, but the subsequent units that will come from the follow up run with not have any logos, stencils or wording on them. They will just be plain transparent clear stands.

Triple Tier.jpg

Triple Tier (ii).jpg

Triple Tier (iii).jpg

For not going the @qtrain23 route those look pretty good.
I would have liked to go the qtrain route, but by the time I get these landed in SA it just wouldn't make financial sense. Sorry Q.
I wish I had a way to cut acrylic. :(
Was fortunate enough to have met a guy that has a flat bed laser cutter who was willing to try his hand at these. The turn around time is pretty quick vs 3D printing.

These look awesome! very nice way to display your stuff :) OEM stands are super expensive even stateside... I got 4 stands recently and it was 100 bucks... Oh well :)

Yeah I think they look good, too. And very sturdy, probably less play than OEM...

My only question would be how beveled the edges are; it'd probably do no harm but still the thought of the nosebridge resting on two sharp edges makes me cringe a little bit.

Back