• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trying to figure out the tools for Linegear pin pusher tool

You can't swap them. Here's a pic from Linegear.

Push the pin in.JPG

@jdd32 okay, so we are back to square one then. I called this tip A but was wondering if we can swap tip A with flat-base tip B to push against the base of the rivet. Linegear's tutorial showed that they also use tip A to press the rivets back in but I thought tip B could be a better choice.

Thanks for your input and great work on your customisations and restorations!

like I said, tip B is not a tip - it's a base. You get 3 bases in the package - 2 with holes for removing pin (base C & D), and 1 that is flat (tip B which should have been called base B).

Probably it's my naming convention here...so I assume you are using linegear's recommended method to press the rivets back in? Won't this leave an undesirable marking on the back of the rivets?

Sorry for all these questions as I am stumped how to use B to press the rivets back in. I had used A and base D to do so.

Yes, correct I use their method. They only mark the pins if the pins are too big for the hole and get 'jammed'.

Thanks for the clarification. At least I know I am using the tools the way they were designed for.

when I removed the pin.
1. I give small amount of baby oils or hand sanitised.
2. put 1 layer of used a thin old used t-shirt on the back of the frame. This will not make any marks on th back of the frame.
3. when push it back, give number 1 on th pin and give more layer fabric seet (mor think more good) in front of the frame.
I will upload image if you needed

The idea of hand sanitizer/baby oil is great! Just hope that either of this doesn't degrade the coupler's rubber. Instead of an old shirt/cloth, I used multiple layers of masking tapes instead.

Back