• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trying To Tell If An Ebay Seller Is Selling Fake Frogskins.

Hello everybody has anyone had experience with a seller named weivus9 selling frogskins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Finally got a response. He/she responded with there are no sku #'s or anything on the inside of the arms. I don't see how Oakley would let that out of their factory thus upping the sketchy factor. Very glad I was outbid but I feel for the poor unsuspecting soul that outbid me. I'm torn between purchasing these acid blue with red iridium polarized on a 100% legitimate website that I have had a lot of experience buying from. They sure are way more colorful than I would prefer. Has anyone had any experience with these particular color of lens? I heard polarized gray lenses are the best for outdoor activities such as driving and fishing. Really don't want everything to be red when looking out of them.

The iridium coating doesn't change the color you see through the lens. +Red is a gray base lenses so it will look about the same as gray polarized, without being polarized obviously.

Also the "blackout" frogs were part of the OCP custom program where you can choose your frame then choose your lens color. They tend not to have model numbers on the arm as they are not a set frame and lens model. I have a pair of the "blackout" frogs that I got directly from an Oakley store and there is no model number inside the arm.

@RaceyRenee Why not stick around, meet the minimums to see our buy-sell-trade board... and score an unusual pair of frogs from one of the cognoscenti...?

By the way, welcome to the community. It looks like you've got plenty of help at your disposal... :)

@RaceyRenee , I agree with Supero100 this forum is a lot more trustworthy. I'm new so I'm no expert on here, but I made a purchase recently from a member that gave me any info I asked for without hesitation. Anywhoo, Welcome and hope you can find some great gear!

Back