• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TSA Friendly Case For My Juliets

Another case to prove that TSA is useless. A bunch of poorly trained idiots that can't tell a water pistol from a rocket launcher and will question a pack of tampons just because he's bored and it looks "suspicious".

When I travel I actually use one of my X Metal vaults. I always bring at least 2-3 pair. I bring a small Oakley carry on and they run it along with my laptop bag through the scanner. They never open it up or ask whats inside the metal vault its always in the bag. They will ask you whats in it then they open it themselves. Before they open it I would tell them there are expensive sunglasses inside, do not let the lid slam other wise they may be damaged. I would tell them remove them from the vault but dont replace them back in the vault as they could damage them if they fail to replace them properly.

When I go through airport security I put my shades in a completely different bin all by themselves as that why they will not question them or open my cases and such. I don't really trust anyone with my oaks to be honest.

@NMOne
[video=youtube;QhEMRSp7vaY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhEMRSp7vaY[/video]

wow and I thought my question would have a simple answer...
Thanks for the info. Ill pickup a soft vault. I may already have one.
I'm hoping ill be bypassing tsa soon. There is a new program they are piloting (no pun) with delta that is coming to slc soon where frequent fliers like me (I had about 65k miles flown last year) will be able to basically bypass tsa. We would keep our shoes and coats on and not have to pull laptops out of backpacks. Not sure of all the ins and outs but seems like it would be better.

Back