• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tune Up For Juliet XT Serial

hearno after looking into the xman customs corner thread, i was under the impression that xman was a refinisher and custom job person to contact.

But sounds like he might very well be the guy to do it.

Lastly, aside from VL lenses (Oakley said lenses were also a no-go), are there any other reputable aftermarket lens makers that approach Oakley quality or would this also be an Xman thing? I'm going to try and scout ebay for awhile to maybe find a pair of NOS pairs - hopefully I'll be able to at least make that happen.

Also, I'm sure there are no shortage of pictures of these, but I said I'd post them. You can see fairly clearly the rust around the flex coupler pins:
oxx.jpg
oxx-2.jpg
oxx-3.jpg

You will be happier with an XMan tune-up than an Oakley one, I've had 4 done by Oakley CS and 9 by XMan.
In my experience XMan is way faster and the tune-up is always nice and tight where Oakley CS has sent back frames as loose as before the tune-up.
You will need to address rubbers separately but XMan's tune-up is pretty much what you would expect from a guy with a day job like his.
They are always on target!

Great! Already in contact with XMan. Thanks all for the patience and info on all this. I'll be sure to post a before and after once they are 100% again.