• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tune-up Question

Mr. 24k

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys, wonderfully informative forum here, glad I found it!

I've got a pair of 1st gen 24k XXs that I've neglected for the past few years, as the flex coupler has come loose on the right side. Browsing the forum, I see that I have the option (for now at least) of getting these serviced at HQ...however, I also have a gnarly scratch on one of my lenses, so I wanted to swap them out for new ones as well. My question is, should I get the lenses taken care of before the tune-up process, or is that something that they could just handle for me all at once?

Additionally, I see that some people advocate walking them in for the tune-up...is there a big advantage to this? I'm in LA so it's not too far to drive down there, but it's still quite a trek.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

they will do it providing they have lenses. That is one piece that few are even left for. I think the vault site had them not too long ago, so you may be in luck

Thanks for the input guys, I guess I'll have to call in and sort it all out over the phone to be sure.

Back