1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Mr. 24k

Mr. 24k Oakley Beginner

Hi guys, wonderfully informative forum here, glad I found it!

I've got a pair of 1st gen 24k XXs that I've neglected for the past few years, as the flex coupler has come loose on the right side. Browsing the forum, I see that I have the option (for now at least) of getting these serviced at HQ...however, I also have a gnarly scratch on one of my lenses, so I wanted to swap them out for new ones as well. My question is, should I get the lenses taken care of before the tune-up process, or is that something that they could just handle for me all at once?

Additionally, I see that some people advocate walking them in for the tune-up...is there a big advantage to this? I'm in LA so it's not too far to drive down there, but it's still quite a trek.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

im not sure about hq doing lenses with a tuneup, just call and ask the warrant people. i usually buy my lenses on ebay or somethibg. original 24k lenses still widely available

3. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

they will do it providing they have lenses. That is one piece that few are even left for. I think the vault site had them not too long ago, so you may be in luck

4. Mr. 24k

Mr. 24k Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the input guys, I guess I'll have to call in and sort it all out over the phone to be sure.

5. jetta3381

jetta3381 Oakley Enthusiast

They still have the 24k lenses for XX, i just bought pair last 2 weeks.....