1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. BeccaBear

BeccaBear Oakley Beginner

What actually is the difference here? Or is literally the only difference that one is a solid lens (rotor) and the other isn't?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

You got it.

3. BeccaBear

That's what I thought. I just got confused as to why SoccerCoach said the non-rotors were tighter lol

4. EmpireSoccerCoach

EmpireSoccerCoach Oakley Collector Premium Member

I said that they felt tighter on me at the temple. I know someone else on here mentioned the same thing. But they are technically the same.

5. BeccaBear

Damn it lol now I'm going to find some place which sells both of these lol I really wish oakley hunting wasn't so difficult in the UK :(

6. EmpireSoccerCoach

But if I remember correctly, the dim mentions are slightly different on them.

Turbine Vs Turbine Rotor - image.png

Turbine Vs Turbine Rotor - image.png

7. EmpireSoccerCoach

Obviously the lens width will be more but there was a different feel to them which I believe was do to the lens height.

8. Herbsley

Herbsley Royal Duke of Hijinx

There is always a slight difference in feel to frames where Oakley have essentially made a shield-lens version of a dual-lens frame.

e.g.
    Hijinx / Antix
    Fuel Cell / Batwolf
    Turbine / Turbine Rotor.

If you think about it logically, there is more flexibility in the centre of the shield-lens frame (above the nose), due to the fact that there is no plastic there, only the flexible lens. Therefore, this leads to less rigidity/tightness around the temples area, and a slightly more comfortable frame as it does not grip quite as tightly as a rigid dual-lens frame.

I have a Turbine (dual-lens), and due to how bendy the ear-stems are, the fit is comfortable even on my large noggin.

In terms of shield vs dual - speaking from experience, I do have one Antix frame, and many many many Hijinx. The Hijinx is obviously the perfect casual O-Matter frame - yet to be bettered imho. The Antix is very slightly looser fitting, but I always think folks who wear a shield lens casually in the UK look like a tourist.

:behindsofa:

9. Herbsley

Herbsley Royal Duke of Hijinx

P.S.

As per my reply on your other thread on this . . . .

Buy the Fuel Cell.
    :dontmentionit:

EmpireSoccerCoach likes this.