• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Turbine's with Round O?

So I recently lost a pair of matte black polarized Turbines which really sucks, so I've been looking to find a replacement pair. I was browsing ebay this evening and came across the pair below. I know I have heard rumors that Oakley will be retiring the square O logo, but thought these were very interesting. Not sure what's going on with them if this is the new styling or what. Anyone have any insight?

View attachment 217263

OAKLEY POLARIZED TURBINE Sunglasses OO9263-08 Polished Black / Black Iridium Pol
Talked with an employee at an Oakley store near me and they said they are switching the O:s to be more rounded and not interchangeable with the dispatch II icons.. not sure why they did that but it is what I was told.

Talked with an employee at an Oakley store near me and they said they are switching the O:s to be more rounded and not interchangeable with the dispatch II icons.. not sure why they did that but it is what I was told.
That isn't an answer to me. But whatever lol

Think of it this way.

Does Nike have DIFFERENT "swooshes"?
Does Under Armour have DIFFERENT "X"s?

The thought is why would a company have so many different "symbols" to identify ONE single company?

This is where there normally would be a mic drop but I don't use a mic cause I talk too loud and don't need one. :D

Last edited:
Think of it this way.

Does Nike have DIFFERENT "swooshes"?
Does Under Armour have DIFFERENT "X"s?

The thought is why would a company have so many different "symbols" to identify ONE single company?

This is where there normally would be a mic drop but I don't use a mic cause I talk too loud and don't need one. :D
I always looked at it like they have a more sports related O and a more casual related O which is the more squared off one.

No worries. I would just proceed with caution with your current turbines and if you want icons go and buy them while you still can.
I only have one pair and I'm not really interested in another. It sucks that they are going this route.

I only have one pair and I'm not really interested in another. It sucks that they are going this route.
I was talking as if you can go buy the icons separately while you still can. But I hear ya. I have heard rumors for a couple years about how they are trying to get rid of the Holbrook and not having anything released this Quarter is frustrating.

Latest Posts

Back