• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Turbine's with Round O?

Think of it this way.

Does Nike have DIFFERENT "swooshes"?
Does Under Armour have DIFFERENT "X"s?

The thought is why would a company have so many different "symbols" to identify ONE single company?

This is where there normally would be a mic drop but I don't use a mic cause I talk too loud and don't need one. :D
Nike uses just the swoosh sometimes, sometimes they pair it with the Nike text, there's the Jumpman logo (though now technically a separate line), they have a Nike golf logo (with swoosh in it). Under Armour has the regular X (sometimes paired with Under Armour text, sometimes not), one with antler design, one with fish hook design. Just sayin...

Nike uses just the swoosh sometimes, sometimes they pair it with the Nike text, there's the Jumpman logo (though now technically a separate line), they have a Nike golf logo (with swoosh in it). Under Armour has the regular X (sometimes paired with Under Armour text, sometimes not), one with antler design, one with fish hook design. Just sayin...
These are NOT the logos you are looking for. :)

;)

:rofl:

I am about to order a pair of Turbines, looking at the h20 prizm deep lens and the sapphire.

Well, just hot off the phone with Oakley looking to buy dispatch 2 Icons for the turbine. He tells me the icons aren't compatible anymore cause the turbines now have the oval icon. All new pairs ordered off the website have the new icons. Glad I didn't buy a bunch of icons online, that would have sucked.

Fact. Oakley is going to replace the square O with the ellipse. The reasoning behind it is what brand do you know of with two logos? I've always preferred the square O (can't imagine Holbrooks without it) and Sliver XL would benefit from it, but that's corporate for ya.

I also work at a vault if that confirms anything.

Fact. Oakley is going to replace the square O with the ellipse. The reasoning behind it is what brand do you know of with two logos? I've always preferred the square O (can't imagine Holbrooks without it) and Sliver XL would benefit from it, but that's corporate for ya.
Scroll up to the top of the page and work your way down a little bit.

@pistolpetefan23 talks about it clearly.

Reading the whole thread isn't required when you go to make a statement but it does help just a little bit with information

Back