• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Turbine's with Round O?

Think of it this way.

Does Nike have DIFFERENT "swooshes"?
Does Under Armour have DIFFERENT "X"s?

The thought is why would a company have so many different "symbols" to identify ONE single company?

This is where there normally would be a mic drop but I don't use a mic cause I talk too loud and don't need one. :D
I hate this rationalization so much! I swear I've heard this argument word for word four times at my store this week and I completely disagree.The argument can be made using other brands and someone has scripted this and it is such a bs canned answer like how many logos has Pepsi had over the years? I understand the rationalization and I'm not going to change anyone's mind by bitching and complaining. The style that's going to suffer the most from this change is the Holbrook and possibly a couple of others but I say Holbrook because it's my all time favorite. Oakley premiered the square O around 10 years ago or so and at the time it turned a lot of heads and got a lot of flak but the brand has grown around it and embraced it. Oakley wants to talk about evolving the brand and what we are going to do next but they had a lot of success with the new logo and I disagree about them getting rid of it but my first pair was a pair of Gascans so you could say I've grown up with it, I'm a bit young but still. Also, I know this was from early February but I couldn't pass by this without saying something.

Well I am quite much concerned about this decision.
I do understand that Lux needs economy of scale, that Rayban is selling everything under 1 brand, and that they want to get as much juice as possible.
Anyway I do not see in the other competitor brand a variety of products going from the technical gear such as the Jawbreaker to the fancy Sliver.
May be the tri-partition between Sport specific - Active - Lifestyle was too much, but I do not appreciate this one.

The "weird" thing is that they might get a better revenue with this standardization of product because who will see this logo on Cavendish might purchase a Latch.

The good thing is that they might get rid of the catalyst quite soon.

I hate this rationalization so much! I swear I've heard this argument word for word four times at my store this week and I completely disagree.The argument can be made using other brands and someone has scripted this and it is such a bs canned answer like how many logos has Pepsi had over the years? I understand the rationalization and I'm not going to change anyone's mind by bitching and complaining. The style that's going to suffer the most from this change is the Holbrook and possibly a couple of others but I say Holbrook because it's my all time favorite. Oakley premiered the square O around 10 years ago or so and at the time it turned a lot of heads and got a lot of flak but the brand has grown around it and embraced it. Oakley wants to talk about evolving the brand and what we are going to do next but they had a lot of success with the new logo and I disagree about them getting rid of it but my first pair was a pair of Gascans so you could say I've grown up with it, I'm a bit young but still. Also, I know this was from early February but I couldn't pass by this without saying something.
Either way....decision has been made....it's done....

Hey, I don't mind the Catalyst. Something a little different, in a sea of similar looking frames.
I mean, in one of the Upcoming Releases threads at the moment there are folks struggling to tell new frames apart. Sad times.

Hi,
I just after some help on some Turbines.

Ive never had a pair before and I am looking at buying some online that usually come up around $100AUD. Ive seen this type pop up a few times but im not sure if they are fakes as ive noticed a couple differences and they are always matte black/grey with warm grey lenses.
-square O vs eliptical O (research led to this thread)
-the word 'oakley' vs a chequered pattern on the arms over the ears.
-Turbine written on inside of arm over ear vs not

If they are authentic are they an older verion? Have the frame shapes changed between old and new versions?

I have looked online how to spot fakes but its hard to see in pictures and the above are the main differences.

Thanks for any advice.
Chris

Ps not inclding turbine rotor

Back