1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Alex555

Alex555 Oakley Beginner

Just bought my first pair of Oakley's in quite some time. My first pair of decent sunglasses was a pair of Frogskins in the mid 90s (highschool) so in a nostalgic move I got almost the same pair I had then, and they still fit and look great!

One thing I want to change though is I want to black out the white "OAKLEY" on the frame. I just think it will blend better and look better on this combo I got. What is the best approach to doing this? Should I use a Sharpie Paint pen? Regular sharpie? Model paint? I am not very artistically gifted but I am somewhat handy so since the OAKLEY is raised off the frame enough I am thinking I won't screw it up.

Suggestions welcomed!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Qtrain will be able to suggest something....he has played with sharpies before.

Welcome to the forum!

3. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Yea I've messed with a sharpie here and there. For something like that I'd use paint. Doesn't really matter what kind, not a real high wear area.

4. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

Sharpie will rub off with your fingers.

What color is the frame? You could just buff the paint off of the letters.

5. moore851

moore851 Oakley Enthusiast

I have a pair of matte black rag and bone I'll sell you they have the black letters as well

6. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Welcome to the forum!

7. Krank

Krank Oakley Enthusiast

Buff the white off with a dremmel.