• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Twenty vs Crankcase

CoolshadeKen

Oakley Beginner
Dropped into my local SGH and they have a pair of twenty and a pair of crankcase on clearance. Can't decide so could I get you opinion.

Thanks

i think there is only one answer you are going to get - BOTH OF THEM!!

I've owned both. If you wear your glasses for more than say, an hour at a time, I'd recommend the new Twenty. The unobtainium pieces really make the fit and comfort level much better than the crankcase. What I found was that if I wore them all day by the end of the day the crankcase would cause headaches and stress on the bridge of my nose. The rubber on the Twenty makes a huge difference and I was able to wear those all day without issue.

I've owned both. If you wear your glasses for more than say, an hour at a time, I'd recommend the new Twenty. The unobtainium pieces really make the fit and comfort level much better than the crankcase. What I found was that if I wore them all day by the end of the day the crankcase would cause headaches and stress on the bridge of my nose. The rubber on the Twenty makes a huge difference and I was able to wear those all day without issue.
^ This, plus the Twenty feels like a much better frame from a construction standpoint, when I pick up the Crankcases I always feel like I'm holding a cheap piece of plastic that could break any minute. I know that's not the case it just feels like it to me.

I agree with the recommendation of the new Twenty. It's one of my favorite models. I have several color ways. Only have one crankcase and seldom wear those. .

Twentys>crankcase.

Don't really like the whole in the temple either even though it was a different concept. Can cause some mean tan lines. Haha

I used to have a lot of crankcase and now I have none. They look good but they are uncomfortable over long periods of time.

Thanks for all the comments. I ended picking up theTwenty. I agree that the fit is better on me with the Twenty.

Latest Posts

Back