1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. CoolshadeKen

CoolshadeKen Oakley Beginner

Dropped into my local SGH and they have a pair of twenty and a pair of crankcase on clearance. Can't decide so could I get you opinion.

Thanks

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. mjt42

mjt42 Oakley Expert Premium Member

i think there is only one answer you are going to get - BOTH OF THEM!!

3. I've owned both. If you wear your glasses for more than say, an hour at a time, I'd recommend the new Twenty. The unobtainium pieces really make the fit and comfort level much better than the crankcase. What I found was that if I wore them all day by the end of the day the crankcase would cause headaches and stress on the bridge of my nose. The rubber on the Twenty makes a huge difference and I was able to wear those all day without issue.

4. diezal11

diezal11 Oakley Beginner

^ This, plus the Twenty feels like a much better frame from a construction standpoint, when I pick up the Crankcases I always feel like I'm holding a cheap piece of plastic that could break any minute. I know that's not the case it just feels like it to me.

5. CDougherty09

CDougherty09 Oakley Beginner

I agree with the recommendation of the new Twenty. It's one of my favorite models. I have several color ways. Only have one crankcase and seldom wear those. .

6. real-OG

real-OG Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Twentys>crankcase.

Don't really like the whole in the temple either even though it was a different concept. Can cause some mean tan lines. Haha

7. spin_nin

spin_nin Oakley Expert

I used to have a lot of crankcase and now I have none. They look good but they are uncomfortable over long periods of time.

8. CoolshadeKen

CoolshadeKen Oakley Beginner

Thanks for all the comments. I ended picking up theTwenty. I agree that the fit is better on me with the Twenty.