• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Two Deep Water Prizms

Wally Taylor

I should Work at Oakley
Erie
I haven't received either one yet, but I have both Flak and Flak XLJ Deep Water PRIZMS on the way. Not sure yet which one I'll break out of the package and which one I'll save. I have a feeling that I'll save the XLJ's for the future.
I got the XLJ's for $54. Quite the deal. I got a Chase AMAZON credit card, and they gave me a $50 AMAZON Gift Card, so I bought the gift for myself. I love the PRIZM Dailys so much, I can hardly wait to try the Deep Water Polarized. I'm going down to Lake Erie and going out on the breakwater as soon as they come in. It's a two mile drive. I might just have to take me fishin' pole.

They're great lenses. The Deep Blue is dark enough for all-around sun wearing also. Though if you're on big water with bright sun, a hat or visor may be needed too, depending on your eyes sensitivity.

I always wear a hat. My right eye doesn't have a working sphincter to reduce the size of my pupil after a serious eye injury. They had to remove 35% of my Iris, so the nerves that control the pupil were cut, and my eye hangs wide open full time. The lenses that work best for me are REALLY dark and SUPER darkI like my PRIZM Dailys on overcastk days. I cannot wait to try my Deep Water PRIZMS.
If You ever noticed David Bowies eyes, my injury was very similar to his.

Last edited:
I haven't received either one yet, but I have both Flak and Flak XLJ Deep Water PRIZMS on the way. Not sure yet which one I'll break out of the package and which one I'll save. I have a feeling that I'll save the XLJ's for the future.
I got the XLJ's for $54. Quite the deal. I got a Chase AMAZON credit card, and they gave me a $50 AMAZON Gift Card, so I bought the gift for myself. I love the PRIZM Dailys so much, I can hardly wait to try the Deep Water Polarized. I'm going down to Lake Erie and going out on the breakwater as soon as they come in. It's a two mile drive. I might just have to take me fishin' pole.
Hey what city are you in

Erie. I see You're from Cleveland. How's the Algae down that way?

I may drive up to a little town across the New York border. It's called Barcelona. I should be able to see the big Brown Trout of of their breakwater. There is zero Algae Bloom up there, and the water is a clear as the Florida Keys. No sharks in Barcelona either!

Last edited:
Thank You Doug. I wish that I could put some Deep Water PRISMS in my Woodgrain Frogskins. I really like the Daily PRIZM lens a lot, but it would be great to have the ability to wear my 'skins on really bright days. Plus, I think the Blue PRIZM lens would look cool against the Gray Woodgrains.
I also think a pair of Daily PRIZM lenses for 3rd Gen Frogskins should be fairly easy to sell.
I know that I'm going to like the Deep Waters on my Flaks, so it's going to be great having another pair stuck away in case of a mishap.

Hey Doug. Did You see that lady cyclist crash on the downhill run the other day? The poor girl outpumps all of the other ladies going up the mountain, and then wipes out badly on the way down with a 40 second lead.
Oh my God though. I saw her go over the bars and into that foot-high curb, and I thought she was dead, or at least crushed her pelvis. You cyclists are wild. I remember flying down hills as a kid with no regard for a crash landing. You never know.

Thank You. I think Saturday will be my introduction to the Blues of Deep Water. What's cool is that Lake Erie is so Blue, Barcelona will be a perfect test for the Blues. I can't wait. When I suffered the injury, I was worriedn that my vision would be a mess, but in some ways, my vision is more interesting than it was before the mishap. I guess the big guy was looking out for me. Thank You for the grats my friend.

Back