• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Two New Pairs!

Exr29070

Oakley Beginner
South Texas
First off... if you didn't read my intro post, I drooled over Juliets in plasma/emerald since... 2000? or whenever they came out and like most people was into Oakley way before I actually had the means to enjoy them! My wife got me the Juliets I had wanted, and to be honest the thought never occurred to me to collect sunglasses or buy more. They just always seemed like something you got one pair of, wore the crap out of, and then got a new pair. My Juliets started to get a little loose at the nose bridge so I took to Google on what to do about it, and I ended up here, now lurking like mad because the idea of having more than one pair of Oakleys is unbelievably exciting. I have found over time that I only really like Xmetals, and my face is big enough to limit what looks good on me. Having sent my Juliets in for a tune-up, I missed Oakleys so badly that, on a whim, I ran out last night to our local Vault (which I didn't know existed til your forum clued me in) and bought these:

2samiop.jpg

$350. Not a crazy steal, not the deepest batch of Ruby lenses, but they make me freakin happy lol, and did come with the soft vault.

THESE were the steal. Buy one, get one 50% off from a special Fathers Day promotion case and I found these guys hanging around in the back:

t69gqv.jpg

Half X carbon with polarized black iridium for $139.

:laugh:

As it turns out, my dad came over for a Fathers day lunch and fell in love with the Half X's. He has some Half Jackets that he's always having to replace the Unobtainium bits on because they wear out, but otherwise identical in carbon/polarized black iridium. I ended up giving them to him (in addition to Fathers day gift I already got him)! Deep down, I was hoping he wouldn't like them lol

Cool story bro! No ,really, that was really cool of you to hook your dad up with some metals. I don't know if I could have gave them up willingly, but if my dad liked them, they would be his as well. Congrats on the x-squared, that's my second favorite x-metal, only behind the Romeo. BTW, welcome to the forum!

Congrats on the x-squared, that's my second favorite x-metal, only behind the Romeo. BTW, welcome to the forum!
Thank you!

I was a little hesitant with the squared. They're oddly shaped and the stems look stubby when you're holding them, but once they're on, they look incredible.

Congrats! Nice pickups, I love the XS's. Also very cool of you to give your Dad a x-metal father's day gift! So it begins...x-metal fever!

Congrats! I picked up a pair of X-Squared x metal/ ruby about a month ago , I really like them too. I just got my Juliet's back from being tuned up .

Back