1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Exr29070

Exr29070 Oakley Beginner

First off... if you didn't read my intro post, I drooled over Juliets in plasma/emerald since... 2000? or whenever they came out and like most people was into Oakley way before I actually had the means to enjoy them! My wife got me the Juliets I had wanted, and to be honest the thought never occurred to me to collect sunglasses or buy more. They just always seemed like something you got one pair of, wore the crap out of, and then got a new pair. My Juliets started to get a little loose at the nose bridge so I took to Google on what to do about it, and I ended up here, now lurking like mad because the idea of having more than one pair of Oakleys is unbelievably exciting. I have found over time that I only really like Xmetals, and my face is big enough to limit what looks good on me. Having sent my Juliets in for a tune-up, I missed Oakleys so badly that, on a whim, I ran out last night to our local Vault (which I didn't know existed til your forum clued me in) and bought these:

Two New Pairs! - 2samiop.jpg

$350. Not a crazy steal, not the deepest batch of Ruby lenses, but they make me freakin happy lol, and did come with the soft vault.

THESE were the steal. Buy one, get one 50% off from a special Fathers Day promotion case and I found these guys hanging around in the back:

Two New Pairs! - t69gqv.jpg

Half X carbon with polarized black iridium for $139.

:laugh:

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Devastator01

Devastator01 Oakley Collector

nice pickups man! love the xsquared, have the same pair

3. Exr29070

Exr29070 Oakley Beginner

As it turns out, my dad came over for a Fathers day lunch and fell in love with the Half X's. He has some Half Jackets that he's always having to replace the Unobtainium bits on because they wear out, but otherwise identical in carbon/polarized black iridium. I ended up giving them to him (in addition to Fathers day gift I already got him)! Deep down, I was hoping he wouldn't like them lol

4. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

Cool story bro! No ,really, that was really cool of you to hook your dad up with some metals. I don't know if I could have gave them up willingly, but if my dad liked them, they would be his as well. Congrats on the x-squared, that's my second favorite x-metal, only behind the Romeo. BTW, welcome to the forum!

5. stevan5150

stevan5150 Oakley Enthusiast

Congrats man, I bought my dad a pair for fathers day also:) some radars

6. Exr29070

Exr29070 Oakley Beginner

Thank you!

I was a little hesitant with the squared. They're oddly shaped and the stems look stubby when you're holding them, but once they're on, they look incredible.

7. Uluahunter

Uluahunter Oakley Collector

Congrats! Nice pickups, I love the XS's. Also very cool of you to give your Dad a x-metal father's day gift! So it begins...x-metal fever!

8. Ursusntn

Ursusntn Oakley Beginner

Congrats! I picked up a pair of X-Squared x metal/ ruby about a month ago , I really like them too. I just got my Juliet's back from being tuned up .

9. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

Wow that's pretty cheap for those Half X's! I love them. They are one of my favorite pairs!

10. BDoakley

BDoakley Oakley Beginner

Congrats on the new pairs.