• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Two new/refurbed additions to the collection

RoTors

I am Jim Jannard...
Recently recieved these two. The magic was performed by @Ry.1982 and both look goooood!

The first was a hurting XX 24K with peeling earstems and a heavily bead blasted orbitals. I wanted these to be close to the OEM offering but just a lil different at the same time. I believe these are how the XX 24K should have been released by Oakley:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The other was a X-metal X-Squared that had several scuffs on the frame. I liked the copper plating Ryan did on my R1 and Juliet, I had to have the same done for these.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hope you enjoyed them.

just so much win with these pieces. I agree with you about the XX but I will go a step further and say the 24K XX should have been done like the 24K Julie and XS.

Oakley did a great job top to bottom with the 24K Julie and XS in my opinion. A homerun :)

What @RoTors didnt mention is that the XX orbitals are nickel plated. They were initially a very aggressively blasted tune up from the Xman's early days I believe. Smoothing out the finish took a lot of work, and still didn't turn out perfect in my opinion. All in all the OEM 24k on XX's is indeed real 24k plating on the stems and bridge. The touch up work, and polishing was a tad difficult due to this. I didnt want to take off the OEM finish if i didnt have to... That being said, the OEM 24k XX can be polished to a pretty nice shine, and that matt gold look can be brough up quite a bit with 0 damage

What @RoTors didnt mention is that the XX orbitals are nickel plated. They were initially a very aggressively blasted tune up from the Xman's early days I believe. Smoothing out the finish took a lot of work, and still didn't turn out perfect in my opinion. All in all the OEM 24k on XX's is indeed real 24k plating on the stems and bridge. The touch up work, and polishing was a tad difficult due to this. I didnt want to take off the OEM finish if i didnt have to... That being said, the OEM 24k XX can be polished to a pretty nice shine, and that matt gold look can be brough up quite a bit with 0 damage
Great work!!

Recently recieved these two. The magic was performed by @Ry.1982 and both look goooood!

The first was a hurting XX 24K with peeling earstems and a heavily bead blasted orbitals. I wanted these to be close to the OEM offering but just a lil different at the same time. I believe these are how the XX 24K should have been released by Oakley:

View attachment 156140
View attachment 156141
View attachment 156142

The other was a X-metal X-Squared that had several scuffs on the frame. I liked the copper plating Ryan did on my R1 and Juliet, I had to have the same done for these.

View attachment 156144
View attachment 156145
View attachment 156146

Hope you enjoyed them.
His work is amazing as always! These turned out looking very good! Congrats on two amazing pairs!! The customs these days are getting out of control!!

Back