• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Two Questions:

peelz

Oakley Beginner
I've always been an oakley fanatic, now...we're an oakley family. My younger son has my old fives, and just bought my older son some sweet frogskins. My wife has bought 6 new pairs this year also other brands...lol.... I created a monster.

Anyways...

1: I have found my next style to hoard. Jupiter squared. LOVE them. And I came across the color I absolutely HAVE to have! Clear blue frame, with ice blue polarized lens. I've seen a few ads, and one that looks shady. I don't see where this was an available combo from oakley. Can anyone tell me if that's even a legit combo? Anyone wanna sell me some? :)

2: last year, my wife bought a pair of frog skins, from sunglasses hut, and the arms never really fit right. They wobble and one of them pops off really easy now. Does oakley still stand behind their stuff like they did way back when? Do we go through the hut or direct?

Thanks for your time folks!

I've always been an oakley fanatic, now...we're an oakley family. My younger son has my old fives, and just bought my older son some sweet frogskins. My wife has bought 6 new pairs this year also other brands...lol.... I created a monster.

Anyways...

1: I have found my next style to hoard. Jupiter squared. LOVE them. And I came across the color I absolutely HAVE to have! Clear blue frame, with ice blue polarized lens. I've seen a few ads, and one that looks shady. I don't see where this was an available combo from oakley. Can anyone tell me if that's even a legit combo? Anyone wanna sell me some? :)

2: last year, my wife bought a pair of frog skins, from sunglasses hut, and the arms never really fit right. They wobble and one of them pops off really easy now. Does oakley still stand behind their stuff like they did way back when? Do we go through the hut or direct?

Thanks for your time folks!

In regards to your 2nd question , recently i got in touch with Oakley UK regarding a pair of Oakley Plates I bought new when first released 3 year later when they got damaged my fault and told them that and they said they couldn't help with issue but as a sign of good fate they offered me a 40% discount on any sunglasses except custom .
They seam to stand my there word regarding warranty issues

Thanks "digi". Looks like based on surfing this site, the ones I'm seeing we're made of acetate, and designed for overseas. I still want them LOL

If not, I'll be picking up the navy\white with chrome set. Those are just as cool. I really like polarized though...it helps out on the lake.

Thanks for the replies
Guys. we'll see what happens with the frogskins too....

Thanks "digi". Looks like based on surfing this site, the ones I'm seeing we're made of acetate, and designed for overseas. I still want them LOL

If not, I'll be picking up the navy\white with chrome set. Those are just as cool. I really like polarized though...it helps out on the lake.

Thanks for the replies
Guys. we'll see what happens with the frogskins too....

The matte navy / chrome are awesome. Not many pairs come with the chrome lenses and they are spectacular. That in combo with the matte navy really pops. See one in person as the pictures do not d them justice.

Oooh I've never looked into custom... Until now...They don't show Blue acetate...but there IS a clear frame, which looks
Sweet with blue accent colors.... Hmmm

They're Jupiter lx and are sick. I've been tossing the idea of buying them around for a while and just haven't done it. They are hard to find in the US at stores but the one on eBay is legit. Jump on it!

Latest Posts

Back