• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

UFC

They gave it to Benson cause they knew he was going to propose to his gf after the fight ...

and she would have said no if he lost ...

:p

I don't have a huge problem with the decision. I think the judge who is affiliated with Gracie JJ shouldn't have been allowed be one of the judges, or at the very least recuse himself because Melendez is affiliated as well.

Tough fight, I thought Melendez had it. Benson is a good fighter. I don't know why he and Frank Mir didn't make some attempts to take it to the ground.

Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen should be a good fight.

Very happy for Thompson that he gave Nate Diaz two upclose looks at his shinbone. Diaz is a talented fighter but a piece of crap in the cage.

Tough fight, I thought Melendez had it. Benson is a good fighter. I don't know why he and Frank Mir didn't make some attempts to take it to the ground.

Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen should be a good fight.

Very happy for Thompson that he gave Nate Diaz two upclose looks at his shinbone. Diaz is a talented fighter but a piece of crap in the cage.

Yep, Diaz definitely needed to eat a piece of humble pie ...

Anyone else rooting for Chael this weekend?
Hell yes I am haha...Hard to imagine he will win unless he can really wear Jones out, but who knows. If anyone can right now, he can.

I think Henderson fought better when we saw him in December in Seattle...I wouldn't have called it for him because he really wasn't pressing Melendez near as much as Melendez was him. Only thing he pushed was his kicks, and they were sporadic at best in that fight. Dude also need to go the route of freakin Faber with that do in his fights. That damn hair was a distraction half the time. And for Mir, dude ain't makin no Title push anytime soon. Cormier didn't look tops, but he beat Mir hands down...There were some great fights, and to see Diaz get whooped on, that was nice. I like him kind of, but those two idiots need to put down the bong, and worry about fighting 100% and bitching or making accusations 0%

I like Nate a lot more than I like Nick, but it was fun to see him get TKOd. Thompsons a stud. The Diaz camp has the market cornered on excuses and conspiracy theories though. Guess pot really does make you paranoid.

As far as the Benson/Melendez fight, I actually had Benson winning. In a fight that close, I don't think you can give it to the challenger. I would have been okay with a decision either way though. Wouldn't mind seeing a rematch. Its real shady that the only judge that gave it to Gil is a Gracie guy.

Mir hasn't been the same since his accident. He's a completely different fighter, and not suited well for current contenders. Thats unfortunate because before his motorcycle accident he was a beast. Cormier said he was real nervous in that fight, being first time in the big show and all, and I believe him. You could kind of see it. I'd like to see a Cain/Cormier fight. (I'd take Cain)

This Saturday I'd love to see Chael take it, as the interviews beyond that would be fantastic, however I firmly believe he's going to get destroyed...rather quickly.

Back