• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

UK Newbie

Sonic

Oakley Enthusiast
Bucks, UK
Morning gents.

Just bumped into the forum whilst searching for more information after being informed about the dreaded x-metal discontinuation by my optician. Gutted, as i'm a massive x-metal fan and won't consider anything else for a pair of sunglasses.

Anyhow, thought i'd say hello and introduce myself. I have a few different sets of Oakleys, both sunglasses and daily wear for prescription.

Cheers!

Thanks - although i've already spent far to much on my set!

This place has some fantastic info -

I'd spent quite some time with my optician and going back to Oakley to try and understand why one of my juliets has different style arms (now known as hammerstems) which are far more comfortable to wear.

I didn't have a clue why but wanted to see if i could get more sets with the hammerstems, my dealer didn't have a clue about the difference until i sent pictures of both styles, and Oakley didn't seem to have much of a clue either once we escalated it to them. As it turned out there was no way to know which styles would have the hammerstems and which wouldn't.... until just now when i found a thread on here clearly identifying the difference and which models have the hammerstems, and likely reasons why. Brilliant! :D

Now, off to see if i can find a set of polished carbon juliets...

Back