1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. EIZOHK

EIZOHK Oakley Beginner

Is it safe to use ultrasonic cleaner to clean OAKLEY sunglasses? My local shop uses it to clean all glasses. I do exercise daily and my glasses are dirty. It is inconvenient to clean it using lens fluid. I wonder whether the cleaner can damage coating of lens and paint on frame.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Ultrasonic cleaners use sound pulses to break up dirt. If the water has no additives it won't do anything to oil (skin/hair/face/pimple oil). If it has additives I'd be VERY careful as to what they are and if they'd react to Oakley lenses.

3. EIZOHK

EIZOHK Oakley Beginner

I use KODAK lens cleaning fluid and lens cleaning paper to remove oil. The fluid does not contain any alcohol. However, it takes several minutes to clean and so I want to find a easier way to do it daily.

4. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Is there an Oakley store, Sunglasses Hut, or Oakley Vault near you? They sell Oakley cleaning kits and will refill the spray for free. The spray works well to give them a quick squirt and wipedown.

Also, you might want to review the "how to properly clean Oakley sunglasses" thread.

5. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

Clean them by hand; soft (not Palmolive or Dawn) hand soap and warm water will do the trick, and is suggested by Oakley.

6. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Natural cleaning products such as Tom's and Melaleuca are great for cleaning Oakley lenses. They are all natural, so they lack the harsh chemicals that wreak havoc on lenses.

7. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

9. NMOne

NMOne Oakley Beginner

I just use the Oakley cleaning kit. Keep it in the car. Use it when needed. And if it runs out, I pop into Sunglass Hut (as much as I don't like them) and say "Fill"