• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Unsatisfied with quality of sunglasses.

Yeah, I didn't realise it was because of the design of the frame/lense. I thought it was because they are a quality brand of sunglasses. I knew anti glare coating was a thing, I thought it was a standard part of their manufacturing process, I was wrong.

Yeah, I didn't realise it was because of the design of the frame/lense. I thought it was because they are a quality brand of sunglasses. I knew anti glare coating was a thing, I thought it was a standard part of their manufacturing process, I was wrong.

I’m not aware of any of the aftermarket base lenses having an anti glare coating either. Some might not even offer it at all.

Pretty sure the below image is for RX only, not certain.
89eef62824c84e116876354d2fa011fc.jpg

I’m not aware of any of the aftermarket base lenses having an anti glare coating either.

Yeah I didn't realise. Because I've never had the issue, I thought it was a design of the lense coatings, not the design and size of the frame and lense.

Yeah I didn't realise. Because I've never had the issue, I thought it was a design of the lense coatings, not the design and size of the frame and lense.

Technically it’s not really the design or size of the frame/lens solely. Your own face plays a big role which is why there are others that do not have this particular issue. Since you can’t change your face, maybe try a different pair of glasses? There are a few that are similar to Holbrooks that might sit differently enough on your face to not have the glare present.

Since all I wear is wraps, I really haven’t experienced it myself, but I wish you luck and hope you’re able to figure it out

Sounds like you didn’t do the work and got a pair of glasses that don’t meet your needs. Sorry to hear that. Quality and design aren’t what they used to be, but Oakley still sells a ton of nice designs made to a high standard. Just takes time and effort to figure out which one is right for you.

Back