• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Updated Oakley Forum Exchange Rules

Should Comments be allowed in Exchange Forums?

• Yes

Votes: 43 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes too much time to create a new listing every 2 weeks (2 second bump vs 5 minute new post). I think the no-bump rule will just push away people from selling, and might even clog the exchange with so many new threads every 2 weeks. In my opinion to slow down all the bumps that were done every 48 hours (including mine), bumps should be allowed after 7 days minimum.

Just my 2 cents
Cheers

The more important issues are people with 5 threads in each section getting bumped. Is there a way to lock the thread in place and maybe instead of bumping it, it auto bumps if not closed? I hate the comments in sale threads as it bumps them without the 48 hour rule. Think consolidating would be a bigger deal. Maybe premium members can bump every 48 and non premium members 72 hours

Sent from: Outer Space

This.

Premium members get max 5 sale threads at a time.
Others get max 2
Paid option for more sale threads
No comments at all
Bumping regulated as currently but perhaps 72 hours, or automated

Doing away with all bumps won't work.

where's the vote on bumping?
why just put the comments question to vote?

Think they're honestly going to end up being 1 in the same - because if we differentiate between someone saying "bump" or "Still available" or a buddy messaging "Great buyer" - The mods have to become the bump police and it will be extremely subjective - what's a comment, what's a bump etc.

A sale thread should be created and immediatelly get locked by seller.all communications should be done via pm.​
Every 48hrs he can unlock it bump it and lock it again.once the item is sold he so should mark it as sold plain and simple.No comments no outer bumps no silly pm sent which really confused the dibs honour priority.
Seller once he has stuff for sale should be responsible to have free space in his inbox for accepting potential buyers messages.
Any violation by sellers party should be resulted in 2 weeks exemption of listing another stuff as a penalty.
Premium or no member should have the same 48hrs bumping period

A sale thread should be created and immediatelly get locked by seller.all communications should be done via pm.​
Every 48hrs he can unlock it bump it and lock it again.once the item is sold he so should mark it as sold plain and simple.No comments no outer bumps no silly pm sent which really confused the dibs honour priority.
Seller once he has stuff for sale should be responsible to have free space in his inbox for accepting potential buyers messages.
Any violation by sellers party should be resulted in 2 weeks exemption of listing another stuff as a penalty.
Premium or no member should have the same 48hrs bumping period

Stav, the OP can bump without unlocking the thread.

Have removed those 2 rules for now as we discuss them to avoid any confusion!

@OakleyBoss so right now we can bump until you come up with a final decision?

I agree with @saulsaul , no comments at all. As far as bumping, either every 72, 96 hours, or a full week. And this comes from someone who bumps regularly every 48 hours (per the rules), but I do agree that 48 hours is too short of a period.

Yes, need to give this some thought - seems to be very mixed across the forum, and as I mentioned above there is no true way to differentiate between "comments' and "bumps". The Mod team will continue to discuss, but looking forward to hearing more thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back