• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

US Postal Service... Extremely Slow Shipping.

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
you would think with locations being shut down and services being limited by the USPS they would try to step up customer service a little bit and try to compete with UPS, Fed Ex, Speedy. etc.. but their shipping service seems worse than I have ever seen it in the past. I have waited 4 or 5 days to get a package 4 hours from my house. I waited 7 days from Florida and now from California I am on my 6th day and it doesn't look like I should be expecting a package anytime soon. I guess that's what we have to expect from a federally funded government organization. For some reason I can't feel bad when people lose their jobs and facilities get shut down. Here is my latest shipping details.

Accepted March 27 with and expected delivery date of April 1st.
April 2nd processed through sort facility, still in Cali then departed same day.

Sorry I just had to grumble a bit.

0859A08F-AC6C-482E-89FB-EB3AECBCD542-10262-000006B2FA188585_zpsec248852.jpg

I've had both very amazing and fast shipments, but at the same time, dreadfully slow. I even had a package (glasses sold on here no less) go missing. It's really a toss of the dice with whatever shipping method you go with though.

as USPS prices increase, the service continually decreases. I have had items that were destined for an area, say Arizona, route to Oakland, CA first, then back down...Or even worse yet, I had a package go all the way to Pennsylvania to wind back up in Minnesota. They are on their last leg and will fail unfortunately. They have consistently gone down hill, hire part time staffers to pay less wage to and ultimately got what they paid for, but also pissed off the full timers that have been there, so it is a 2 fold issue. Cheap labor, and pissed off expensive labor.

I have also experienced insane fast shipping too. But that is usually isolated to when I physically take a package to the main USPS HUB which is about 20 minutes from my house or so, and ship from there. It minimizes the amount of hands an item has to pass through before leaving for the destination. When I lived a few minutes away, I took all my stuff there, but not now, and not with gas being $4.35/gal here. I have had less damage from USPS than UPS though, so there's a big plus lol.

I just checked a tracking number that I used to ship from Wisconsin to Texas. I shipped late Friday afternoon and according to the tracking number the package arrived yesterday. Maybe its the difference from dropping off at a post office or scheduling a pickup? Either way it makes the shipper look bad, I wanted to leave negative feedback on the shipping part of an ebay purchase just because of the time it took to get the glasses but in the end figured it wasn't the shippers fault.

as USPS prices increase, the service continually decreases. I have had items that were destined for an area, say Arizona, route to Oakland, CA first, then back down...Or even worse yet, I had a package go all the way to Pennsylvania to wind back up in Minnesota. They are on their last leg and will fail unfortunately. They have consistently gone down hill, hire part time staffers to pay less wage to and ultimately got what they paid for, but also pissed off the full timers that have been there, so it is a 2 fold issue. Cheap labor, and pissed off expensive labor.

I have also experienced insane fast shipping too. But that is usually isolated to when I physically take a package to the main USPS HUB which is about 20 minutes from my house or so, and ship from there. It minimizes the amount of hands an item has to pass through before leaving for the destination. When I lived a few minutes away, I took all my stuff there, but not now, and not with gas being $4.35/gal here. I have had less damage from USPS than UPS though, so there's a big plus lol.

My polished Julies got to you really quick.... I was caught off-guard how fast!

But I recently had a pair of Pennies shipped from Canada.... They were moving quick until they entered the US via USPS.
They sat in a sort facility in New York for about a week....!!!

they are just so hit and miss you simply can't count on them at all. I sent an overnight package and it got there 2 days late...Needless to say, cost them $65 not me lol

they are just so hit and miss you simply can't count on them at all. I sent an overnight package and it got there 2 days late...Needless to say, cost them $65 not me lol

I may deliver my next job for you in person.... Visit some of my friends back home.
I'm originally from Island Lake about 20min from you!

Back