• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Used Radar Antifreeze Worth What I Paid?

i2ane

Oakley Beginner
I just won this auction for the 2009 TDF Radars. Used, with only the sunglass/lenses included. The problem was they were described as mint but the seller later informed me there were hairline scratches on the lens. He offered $30 off the price I paid, coming out to ~ $145 after the discount. Do you think it's worth it? Pictures below:

photo1.jpg
photo-1.jpg

iirc the jade lenses in particular aren't exclusive. $145 is decent imo. It'd be really hard to find it cheaper, especially non-XL

Currently, the only Jade path lenses Oakley have for sale are vented at $80. Personally, I think its worth whatever you feel comfortable spending. However, in terms of honesty when selling mint to me would mean zero signs of use. I would say that he did the correct thing by giving you 35 bucks back as regular Radar frames go for 90-120 bucks on the bay. But asking for $80 back for the price of new lenses to make them "mint" wouldn't be absurd.

I think it's a pretty good deal. Those glasses are hard to find sometimes and the lenses don't look to bad from the pictures. The only complaint is if you thought they were mint and found out they weren't. That would make me mad but at least you have a nice looking piece.

You can still find enough of the white/jade radar combinations at regular pricing so you can swap lenses to keep it together. It's not ideal but it preserves the set since you were ok with no box, etc. You can find individual lenses come up from time to time with patience.

Back