• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Value for a pair of Why 3's

Oakley for life

I should Work at Oakley
I have had these since 97 or 98. For some reason when I was in High School I wanted these so bad..... and my Grandmother bought them for me for Christmas. At that time I think they were around $350 retail. I have never seen another pair before, and I was just wondering if there was any demand for these and what the value would be. I am not looking to sell them, just seeing what the Forum things the value is.

Thanks for the help!

why 3 #.jpg

why 3 arm.jpg

Why 3.jpg

On the Why line color combo and condition are everything. Yours look pretty good. Do you have the box still? These retailed in the upper $200s when new. I would say in good condition (assuming yours are blue iridium) $150-$200, with box and near mint maybe $250+

On the Why line color combo and condition are everything. Yours look pretty good. Do you have the box still? These retailed in the upper $200s when new. I would say in good condition (assuming yours are blue iridium) $150-$200, with box and near mint maybe $250+

Thanks! I appreciate the help. Yes they are in perfect condition and I have not worn them at all in probably 10 years. They now just sit in my case. I do not have the box anymore though......:errwhat:

Oakley wire frames in general and a quirky group to value in general. Some bring nothing while others break the bank. If your willing to sit on them for a while I think my numbers might be accurate.

Not to be that guy... But this is better suited for the "value ask" thread in the sticky section of the "sunglass discussion" section. Not a huge deal just helps keep it clean.

I really like these glasses. I am not familiar with this pair but I really like the hinge section, looks almost x mentalish. Very cool pair :)

Last edited:
I bought a pair (I think on ebay) about 6-7 years ago and I paid about 100 for them. Should be the exact same pair as yours (there were 3 different lens cuts for the Why 3). Mine had a microcrack in the lens around the stems (so the stem were just slightly loose) but it came with one the microfiber bag and shipped in one of the metal torpedo cases. This wasn't the cut I wanted and I think the lens cut I wanted was probably the least produced by volume. That being said, these are an awesome pair and I absolutely love the flat cut lenses - these are incredibly stylish!

When I was looking to buy my TiO2 13 years ago, it was a toss up between it and the Why 3. I chose the TiO2 since they're more durable, more value oriented (more metal haha), and I have a big head so the Why 3s have to stretch to fit me, but I've always considered the Why 3 as one of the most stylish pairs of sunglasses.

I'd say bring them out and wear them sometime for a little nostalgia!

Latest Posts

Back