• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Value Of Glasses

Stuart Whittingham

Oakley Beginner
How would you go about valuing a pair of Oakley Romeos 1 Pretty good condition. I have photos I can post if that's ok. Looked at old listings of some but they tend to vary a lot and I'm not sure why. Is the whole box/certificate and coin really matter or just a few £/$? have people sold them before?

I just want to roughly know what kind of cash I'm likely to get so I can "mentally" start spending it!

Kind of a duh answer but have you checked the ole' google machine? Along with this forum, you can find prices of what they have and are selling for.

Kind of a duh answer but have you checked the ole' google machine? Along with this forum, you can find prices of what they have and are selling for.

Seriously 25 posts and you are saying he/she needs to use the search and google? If you cant contribute then dont post.

For the op. It greatly varies on condition, box and paperwork, original lenses and gaskets, coin, and how loose things are. Batwolf posted 500 is a good place to start for a tight good condition pair. Pictures would help greatly.

Seriously 25 posts and you are saying he/she needs to use the search and google? If you cant contribute then dont post.

For the op. It greatly varies on condition, box and paperwork, original lenses and gaskets, coin, and how loose things are. Batwolf posted 500 is a good place to start for a tight good condition pair. Pictures would help greatly.

I did check for searches but like I said in my post, they can sometimes vary for unknown reasons. Also you mention tight and loose, are you talking about the arms? Couldn't these just be tightened?
Pics

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

Sorry when I mean tight I mean where the gaskets are as well as the arms. even though romeo 1's dont have flex couplers, where the frames screw together can flex a bit or strip our a bit making them loose. Also are the lenses cracked or scratched? What condition is the rubber in? Does the serial match the box? Do you have the original bag?

Sorry when I mean tight I mean where the gaskets are as well as the arms. even though romeo 1's dont have flex couplers, where the frames screw together can flex a bit or strip our a bit making them loose. Also are the lenses cracked or scratched? What condition is the rubber in? Does the serial match the box? Do you have the original bag?

Everything seems solid enough and all the rubbers (side, joint and nose) seem fine with no signs of drying out. the lenses are not scratched but do have cracks in the usual places for romeos, generally good but not excellent. The serial does match the box and had everything I brought it with.

Hmm 500 is fair but you could get up to 650 on ebay if you sell there. You are new here so not sure if you will actually get more than 500 here for them.

based on the pics, its worth more than $500 because its a complete set and is in pristine condition (based on your description). most recent pair on ebay that has fire lenses sold for around $700+ if i remember right.

based on the pics, its worth more than $500 because its a complete set and is in pristine condition (based on your description). most recent pair on ebay that has fire lenses sold for around $700+ if i remember right.

That was exactly what i was going to reference. I think given the condition between 600 and 700 is not unheard of. They have been really high lately. I find with something like that sometimes your best bet is to list it on ebay and let the bidders do the rest. Ebay fees are a pain but with something like that it only takes 2 ppl who want it bad enough to make the bidding sky rocket. Some collectors like to make sure when they sell things they are going to another collector who really enjoy them. If thts you there is nothing wrong with posting them on a forum with a realistc price that is fair to you and the buyer. It all depends on what you are going for. The only thing i hate to see is people posting insane BIN prices on ebay or wherever to artifically inflate prices. That could also be where you are seeing a lot of price variation becuase there are always pairs out there with 1200+ BIN prices which to me is crazy

Back