• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Value of mint display case Romeo 1s

Fergus

Oakley Beginner
NE Ohio
I'm trying to add to my collection and add a pair of R1s. I'm looking at purchasing a pair of X Metal Finish, Black Iridium Romeo 1s (Non MJ). They come with the matching serial number box with coin and paperwork. They are in mint condition and have only been displayed in a case. What would be a reasonable price in your opinions? I am new to this forum, so forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong area. I look forward to interacting with you all in the future. Thanks and Happy New Year!

Fergus

Pristine condition with matching box and coin? $700 - $800? I've seen some listed for more but I don't think they sold.

I'm trying to add to my collection and add a pair of R1s. I'm looking at purchasing a pair of X Metal Finish, Black Iridium Romeo 1s (Non MJ). They come with the matching serial number box with coin and paperwork. They are in mint condition and have only been displayed in a case. What would be a reasonable price in your opinions? I am new to this forum, so forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong area. I look forward to interacting with you all in the future. Thanks and Happy New Year!

Fergus

If the history of the r1 only consisted of it being displayed, that would qualify as BNIB and unworn which would put the value between $800 and $900.

If it has been worn but is still in excellent condition (Oem lenses no cracks, little to no xmetal finish wear) then it would be between $700 to $800

Of course the "dilemma" here is the actual condition vs the beholder's appraisal

Thanks for the reply's. They are on ebay right now. Buy it now is 1500.00. I'm not going to pay that obviously, but was interested in what a fair offer would be.

Fergus

welcome. echoing @Krank pay a bunch now for something you really want or wait a bit and pay a more reasonable amount. $1500 is r1 jordan territory tho

Agreeing with David_Oakley here for the most part, though my valuation range differs slightly. A minty loose R1 can go for $600 or more, sure... A complete matched box pair should bring at least $800 real value, not 'eBay-adjusted'. Some of the colorways can go $900 to $950. It would be difficult to rationalize more than $1000 for a minty LNIB R1 :)

Thanks Gents. I appreciate the great info. I have always been a Juliet guy, but would like to add R1s. I can't post to the exchange for a couple weeks, so if anybody on this thread is interested in selling a pair, I'll be interested unless I can get these at a better price....